AVIC411.com

40% off at ShieldZone!!

do they do custom work? I really want one for my N3, but they only sell it for the Z1! (even though i pointed out in the past they show a pic of the N3 to the Z1 listing lol)

Yes, they do custom work. There is a link on the website that refers to custom work or you can call them directly. If you explain to them that the N3 is a popular model that they could add to their order list, they might wave the additional charge for the initial custom order.

• 2 months later...

I bought one of these, but I was a little nervous about the install. It says that you spray it apply it and squeeze out the excess fluid. Is there any possibility of some of that fluid getting behind the screen and shorting something out? Are there any tricks to the install?

Thanks

Not to thread hijack, but I have used www.bestskinsever.com for my Treos and for a bunch of other electronics. I can't tell the difference between the more expensive invisible shields and the less expensive bestskinsever skins. Bestskinsever also does custom work and has been very receptive to product updates. The most important thing when installing these type of skins is to use slightly soapy water when installing.

I started ths thread last year. No one seemed interested at the time.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... sheildzone

My sheildzone skin as been on for almost a year. You can't even notice its there. Have them on all my electronic devices. Great product!

I too was afraid of the spray but it really helps align the screen and remove the bubbles. No problems w damage to the device due to the liquid. Just spray it on as directed - you shouldn't have any problems. I used a dry rag to dry it off after installation.

When I ordered mine they didn't have one for the Z1 so I ordered the Clarion OHM-D74 Screen Shield and modified it. I have had no problems with it at all.

I have a ShieldZone "Full" set applied to my Macbook Pro (covers ouside lid, bottom, palm rest, touch pad, touch pad button). It looks great and is tough as nails.

If you want top protection, and based on my experience with their product, I would say $16.95 is not too much to pay.

How much was the discount for?

Bottom line: Outstanding product in my opinion.

My screen cracked down the middle 6 weeks after I applied the SHIELDZONE product. I'm not sure if it was related. But, there was a lot of temperature variation the week it cracked.

Since it didn't crack right away, I don't think it was the sqeegie thingie. Possibly, due to a defective screen??? I've been without for weeks getting it fixed. I don't think I'kk order another. I did call their customer service, but I did NOT get a return phone call!!!