AVIC411.com

N-S-E-W old unit out of commision - new refurb came in 1/8

Refurb'ed unit is up and running with 3.0 and my old 3.0 zip, welcome file, building file....etc.

I hit a snag with the update where it would not boot past the start up screen. What I did was I turned the unit off and inserted the second disk. The unit deleted a bunch of stuff and re-installed some files. One file that it identified as being an older version was the wince image. It installed the updated one, some realspeak files and booted fine. The re-install took less than 10 minutes.

Refurb'ed unit is up and running with 3.0 and my old 3.0 zip, welcome file, building file....etc.

I hit a snag with the update where it would not boot past the start up screen. What I did was I turned the unit off and inserted the second disk. The unit deleted a bunch of stuff and re-installed some files. One file that it identified as being an older version was the wince image. It installed the updated one, some realspeak files and booted fine. The re-install took less than 10 minutes.

Hey NSEW-

What do you mean by welcome file?

Also is the building file the 3dl files? I dont think I am rendering as many buildings as I should be.

Hey NSEW-

Also is the building file the 3dl files? I dont think I am rendering as many buildings as I should be.

I added a welcome message on start up. See my "a little fun" thread.

3dl are landmarks that come standard for many areas. I added the 3dc file for my area which renders the other buildings, mostly in downtown areas. In order to use the 3dc you need the hacked ezrider and additional license files.

Hey NSEW-

3dl are landmarks that come standard for many areas. I added the 3dc file for my area which renders the other buildings, mostly in downtown areas. In order to use the 3dc you need the hacked ezrider and additional license files.

Yeah I have 3DL and 3DC files in my building directory but just don't seem to get as many buildings as you do in some of your screens. Was wondering if there is something I was missing but I guess not. Could just be the location of the screens.

EDIT: Was definitely the missing licenses. Thanks man... did the trick. :)

Hey NSEW-

Yeah I have 3DL and 3DC files in my building directory but just don't seem to get as many buildings as you do in some of your screens. Was wondering if there is something I was missing but I guess not. Could just be the location of the screens.

EDIT: Was definitely the missing licenses. Thanks man... did the trick. :)

Alright, now let's see those California buildings!!