AVIC411.com

Purchasing soon, do I need something for iphone install?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get back on topic here? Obviously I want full support of any peripheral I use with the z110bt model so the cable I need is what the mod stated. Does this cable install in the rear of the unit or just a plug and play from the front?

I found a dealer on eBay that has a one year warranty. I'm comfortable with that, what do you think? How often do these things brick or have issues any way? I would assume not much but I really do not know.

Last, I see people always recommending a professional install. I think the reason why is obvious however my brother has installed many car stereo's in the past and knows his stuff in and out when it comes to anything car related. He's good with the mechanics and the eletronics. My question is this, how much more is invovled with these types of units vs a standard CD player car stereo?

I had another question in a older post that went unanswered, probably was just over looked! So I will ask it again.

I have a '04 4Runner Limited. It has a DVD player in the back. Is there a way to get a movies (DVDs) to play on both the back DVD player and the AVIC z110bt unit at the same time? If so, would the DVD need to come from the rear DVD source or the AVIC?

Some times when we go camping if it rains it would be nice if everyone in the SUV could see the movie.

If this can be done and I need extra cables please let me know what those are called. Thanks much for the help!

I found a dealer on eBay that has a one year warranty. I'm comfortable with that, what do you think? How often do these things brick or have issues any way? I would assume not much but I really do not know.

Pioneer states that they will not honor warranty for anything bought on ebay and it is stated on their site. Also keep in mind that a lot of these ebay people will tell you what you want to hear to get you to buy from them. You may want to contact the seller and inquire as to weather he will be including an invoice with the unit that states what shop he is selling it from. If the invoice says anything about ebay, you may have a problem if warranty coverage is needed. Also, there is a 200.00 dollar mail in rebate being offered if you buy from a dealer and you might get a better deal in the long run if you search for the lowest price through a dealer and then combine the rebate for the overall value. As for how often they go down, it is always a possibility you could have a problem. However, the unit has been out for some time now and I haven't heard anyone claim they had a bad unit yet.

Last, I see people always recommending a professional install. I think the reason why is obvious however my brother has installed many car stereo's in the past and knows his stuff in and out when it comes to anything car related. He's good with the mechanics and the eletronics. My question is this, how much more is invovled with these types of units vs a standard CD player car stereo?

It is more involved but only for a couple of additional connections. The bypass for one is something you wont usually deal with when it comes to just a stereo. Instructions for that are in the Z110BT hacks and mods thread and it is pretty easy. There is also the VSS or SPEED SENSOR wire that needs to be connected. You will need to search on line for the VSS wire location for your vehicle. If your factory stereo has speed sensitive volume on it then the VSS is located right there at the back of the factory stereo so taping into it will be easy. Otherwise, it is usually located somewhere behind the instrument cluster or near one of the kick panels down below. There is a lot of debate that the VSS is not necessary to connect but I caution this. The unit will work without it but at the possible expense of less accurate nav guidance. It is particularly needed when traveling in a tunnel, deep forested area, or in a large city with a large number of tall sky scrapers. My general advise is, if its there, utilize it. Lastly there is the reverse wire. This is used only if you plan to have a back up camera. If this is not the case you can skip this step.

I have a '04 4Runner Limited. It has a DVD player in the back. Is there a way to get a movies (DVDs) to play on both the back DVD player and the AVIC z110bt unit at the same time? If so, would the DVD need to come from the rear DVD source or the AVIC?

The Z has two AV inputs on the rear of the unit that support RCA connections. If the factory DVD player has these connections you will connect them to one of the AV inputs on the unit and be able to play the video on the screen of the Z as well as the rear. However most factory units don't support RCA connections so you will probably have to see about getting some kind of converter. Just Google it and you will probably find something.

the cable needit is

CD-IU50V

check

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... d/CD-IU50V

for more details

According to an illustration on Amazon. This cable is 0.5 meter, which is about 1.6 ft. Is it that short?

I like to place my iphone in the center armrest console of my Corvette. But that's at least 2 ft away from the back of the stereo. Do most of you put the iphone/ipod in the glove compartment then? Thanks.

...sorry for the lack of deatails... that cable is an add-on to the cable already supply with the radio...i hava a toyo tundra with bench seats and a "center Fold Down console" i routed the radio cable under the carpet of the truck coming thru the center of my console with plenty of room to slide the seats and with the ipod cable addon to it. I can still hold my phone with my left hand touchin the driver seat glasswindow.... hope this helps...

btw... the tundra from the radio to center arm console is way further than the ...vett... so you should have plenty of cable left...

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought the cable you buy (iu50v) connects directly into the back of the stereo.

Apparently the unit is shipped with a USB connector cable that is 2m or about 6.5 ft long already. The iu50v cable then plugs into that cable. So I'll have at least 8ft of cable length. Much better. :mrgreen:

Ok so that makes me think of a new question. I looked at that cable and it looks like one end has a usb and the other end if for the ipod/iphone. So do I really even need this? I have plenty of these cables from iphones/ipods I've owned over the years. The one part I see on it that is different is the 3.5mm male end...(think that's what it is). Is that needed for something?

That usually depends on the vehicle but typically you will need to connect power, ground, and a control wire from the SWI-PS. Also be sure when ordering the PS that you specify that you need version 1.6.8. That version has just been released and adds the voice recognition support for the Z110BT.

Pioneer makes one for that line of radios (AVIC-Z) it is only $20 wireless (CD-SR1) and support most of the features of that radio??

check this link

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... ols/CD-SR1

Not for the Z110BT. There is no support for wireless remotes with the 110.

i just got done chatting with friends in Hawaii it seems that "VBLUE42" is right the remote does not repond with Z110BT unit..