AVIC411.com

Volume control for Guidance and VR

Is there a way to turn off the voice guidance in the Nav system but leave the necessary voice recognition system prompts? It seems to me that they are in the same setting which makes this rather unsatisfactory.

Thanks

Bruce

If you mean you don't want her to tell you where to turn and such but still have her respond when you hit the VR button the answer is yes. Page 98 in the manual.

Thanks for the tips. I have tried to change the settings as suggested but If I "mute" guidance (pressing the "speaker" icon) it also mutes VR. I changed the voice language to and from TTS (as suggested) but no change.

Has anyone actually tried and succeeded in keeping VR responses ON and Nav guidance OFF?

Thanks!

Bruce

The previous Z's were like this too....

I would write Pioneer asking for a feature request for their next update... I wrote them just two days ago asking for the Vehicle Dynamics screen to make it's way back to this unit... Never got a response, but who knows, they obviously listened to customers complaints of the previous Z's when designing this unit.... as they fixed nearly every one...

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/contact/