AVIC411.com

Not a small potatoes navi complaint

I just installed my x910 and have had it in a couple days. I put in my home address as I am sitting on the side of the road next to my home and the map is off 3.7 miles?! Currently I have upgraded to the latest 3.00 upgrade, I did the parking brake bypass, I do not have the speed sensor wire hooked up and the gps antenna is as well placed in the windshield as possible. Suggestions? Thanks in advance guys.

• 1 month later...

To add on to what VBLUE says. I am willing to bet its not the navi that is off or the GPS signal that is wrong, its where the house numbers are placed on the map/in the map data. 3.7 miles is quite a big distance but if your house is between MAIN ST and ELM ST and the GPS says you are currently between MAIN ST and ELM ST you're fine.

Again, 3.7 miles is a much larger distance that I would say is normal (I would say .1 to .5 miles is what i tend to see) but at some point you have to start using your eyes to find the house numbers anyway.

Test it with another address somewhere else and see if what I say holds true.