AVIC411.com

Feature question, default to home screen

I asked this before but when finding the post the instructions no longer work?

When starting my vehicle and putting the car in reverse, my back up cam goes active as it should.

When I put the car in drive, the warning screen comes up then the reverse cam with partial map overlay.

I want the home screen to come up and not the map/cam

how do I change this.

Thanks!!!!

If you don't want the rear view to show you will need to switch your map to 2D or 3D in the VIEW MODE options. The screen will either default on the map screen or the source screen. It will show which ever one of those two you were last on when you powered down the unit. It will not boot to the TOP MENU.

Yes but if you want your VR to work for bluetooth calling you have to hit the OK button before the bluetooth connects or it wont work for BT calling. It appears to be a bug in the software. I just leave off on the map screen so the first thing I touch is the OK button once the unit boots.

Yes but if you want your VR to work for bluetooth calling you have to hit the OK button before the bluetooth connects or it wont work for BT calling. It appears to be a bug in the software. I just leave off on the map screen so the first thing I touch is the OK button once the unit boots.

I see I'm not the only one with this problem. I reported this to Pioneer Tech support and they acted like I was crazy. They said I must have a defective unit because I was the only one who has reported this issue. We all may want to report this so they know it's a bug and not a defective unit.

I talked to Pioneer about this, it's intentional.

They programmed the unit to not load VR until after the map loads, this is to allow quicker boot up and audio playback.

Thats fine but the fact that BT calling will fail to work if BT connects before you hit the OK button indicates a bug to me. This, after all, defeats the purpose of hands free because you have to either restart your car or re transfer you contacts to get BT calling to work if BT connects before you hit the OK button. At this point, if you want the units BT calling to work without failure, you have to have left the unit on the map when you shut down so when it boots again the OK button is the first thing you see. Jason, if you could, can you relay this back to however you have contact with at Pioneer. They seem to listen to you.

Thats fine but the fact that BT calling will fail to work if BT connects before you hit the OK button indicates a bug to me. This, after all, defeats the purpose of hands free because you have to either restart your car or re transfer you contacts to get BT calling to work if BT connects before you hit the OK button. At this point, if you want the units BT calling to work without failure, you have to have left the unit on the map when you shut down so when it boots again the OK button is the first thing you see. Jason, if you could, can you relay this back to however you have contact with at Pioneer. They seem to listen to you.

What phone are you using? Out of curiosity...

I think I read/saw that you were using an Iphone of some sort... Just wonder if it has anything to do with the phones' BT ability.... like too short of a timeout on the phone's behalf... although I completely doubt it, and think you're 100% right on...

Just tossing it out there.... It's become habit to hit the OK when first presented... Even on my wife's X5, you have to accept a nag...but with IDrive, and not touchscreen... although, if you ignore it, it does go away eventually...