AVIC411.com

Came here for advice.

I used to have an Avic N1 in my "weekend" car and long story short it was put in van because my wife know the "in" and "outs" of the N1, and I was going to put the next latest and greatest Avic in my car. Here is my problem now the latest and greatest Avics don't appear to support all the equipment that I had for the N1.

Here is what Pioneer "add-ons" that I have:

Pioneer AXM-P8000 (5.1 controller)

Pioneer DEQ-P8000 (5.1 processor)

Pioneer CDX-P680 (6 Disc CD changer)

Pioneer XDV-P90 (6 Disc DVD changer)

Pioneer GEX-P910XM (XM tuner)

The advice I am needing is:

What is the best Avic to get that will utilize all of this plus B/T interface for a HTC touch pro?

I would like a double din model and i-pod interface. IF I was to choose without any insite that might be offered here I would pick a Z3.

Thank you in advance for your input

Currently the Z110BT is the most advanced AVIC that is offered by Pioneer. The processor can be used with the Z110BT but in limited capacity. There is no digital input on the Z110BT so the processor will need to be connected through the analog outputs. There is no changer support at all as this is a dying option and everything is ipod related now. The XM turner you have is likely not to work but I cant say for sure. The best way to find out is to hook it up and see. If not, the GEX-P920XM is the currant model. Because of the stated limitations above, a Z3 may be an option for you but you would be trading the few limitations above for quite a few on the Z3 compared to the Z110BT. I would consider the Z110BT while retaining the processor and loosing the changers, convert your DVD's and CD's to ipod and spending another 80 bucks for the new XM tuner if its necessary and have one hell of a setup. Below are two threads that contain demo vids of the Z110BT in action.This may make your decision a little easier.

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26954

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=29283