AVIC411.com

About to install. Any tools, tips or advice?

Here is some pics...if you notice iin both pics if you fit it over one end it doesn't fit over the other side (top or bottom). Should this be a easy slide over the face or a very tight squeeze?

Yup, thats the mod that I was talking about. Most people trying to use that kit with that HU cut the bottom piece off.

The second one I linked is for JBL units, so I don't think it will work for you either. I read somewhere that there is difference in the dash enclosure and that one would be too big. Scosche makes another for non-jbl dashes, but I have no experience with it.

Ok I will see what I can do on the kit.

Is there a way to test if the VSS wiring was installed correctly? The reason I ask is I have found the location of the wire however I found that same color wiring much closer to where the stereo installs and that would be easier for me to wiring from there. However there is two of these wires in this location (red/purple). So not sure which one I should use or if they are one in the same....dunno really.

SETTINGS, NAVI SETTINGS, CONNECTIONS STATUS. Look at the SPEED PULSE value as you take your foot of the brake. A simple idle forward will increase the value. Also, make sure you are working with the right wire when you make your connection. There is no telling the amount of damage you could do to your car or the head unit if you tap the wrong wire.

I did the install earlier today and it went well. I will try out your test method. As for the wire...nothing has broke yet! :mrgreen:

I did a search for the VSS wire for my car and found someone posting about it on the internet. It was a purple/red wire behind the glove box.