AVIC411.com

Re: Parking sensor and audio mute [SOLVED]

Thank's for reply.

I think you'd use the mute wire for that... :?: unsure.

Where can I find the mute wire? which corresponds to pin?

But... inquiring minds want to know... why would you want the radio muted if you put it in reverse?

I probably explained wrong. I don't want put the radio in reverse. the electronic control of my parking sensors provide a wire to connect the radio that sends a signal to turn the radio on mute.

• 2 weeks later...

You can verify the mute input wire by grounding it. If it mutes, then it's working properly.

If it works properly, then use a meter or some kind of test light to check what kind of output your parking sensor is sending. If it's a +12V output, then you'll need to reverse this with a relay or a more complicated but clever way would be to use a transistor.

You can verify the mute input wire by grounding it. If it mutes, then it's working properly.

If it works properly, then use a meter or some kind of test light to check what kind of output your parking sensor is sending. If it's a +12V output, then you'll need to reverse this with a relay or a more complicated but clever way would be to use a transistor.

Great suggestion, thank you very much! I'll try to test the yellow wire and test the signal of parking sensors and then decide what to do.

• 3 weeks later...