AVIC411.com

Matt's Mod v 1.1 Updated 12-30-2009

this mod is basically a Diaftia's combo mod with the small change of a slightly bigger clock that is easier to see, other than that, its the exact same.

UPDATED version 1.1 12/30/2009

Deatils

1. fixed layering issues with the freeway and speed cam signs

2. thats about it... :wink:

Note about this mod... READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING!

- if you are one of the people that use a direct connect for an iPod / iPhone, and by this i mean you have the special Pioneer cable that lets you control an iPod / iPhone directly from your radio, then this mod will have some overlap issues with the displayed album art. On the other hand if you connect your iPod via Aux in headphone jack like I do, then you will have absolutley no problems at all, and in that case Enjoy!

file.php?mode=view&id=8821&sid=969a023f8b8ff9a85057e0fa26a6c299

my version

file.php?mode=view&id=8817&sid=969a023f8b8ff9a85057e0fa26a6c299

Diafitia's original version

Instructions.

1. unrar the file you downloaded onto the root of your SD card (you need WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm or some other zip utility to open it)

2. BACKUP YOUR ENTIRE APL2 folder incase you dont like or things dont work out

3. Follow the instructions in the word document on where to place all the different things

Download here.. http://rapidshare.com/files/328097499/matts_mod_v_1.1.rar

Note... please direct any technical questions to forum member Diaftia, as this is mainly his mod with the small change of a bigger clock. here is the thread to post technical questions in http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=29404

Credits to Diaftia for making an awesome mod!

thanks all,

matt

post-38885-12872760637461_thumb.jpg

post-38885-12872760642086_thumb.jpg

you are missing the bluetooth part of the mod which is a big plus in his 2.1 version and the clock looks good, but it is a little too big

actually I am not... the bluetooth part only shows when a bluetooth device is connected, and when i took the pic i had nothing connected to my radio. the bluetooth part works perfectly. as i said, the only thing i changed is the clock, thats it. everything, and i mean everything, is exactly the same as diaftia's version 2.1 mod.

matt

Looks good!

Just as an FYI you might have an overlap issue with the opaque background and the your speed and elevation signs. I think they are resting on top of the signs and not under them. Due to the menu system the layering can get challenging in my mods. :)

Layering again... and you probably have this looked into already is that the speed cameras and freeway signs both appear in that spot. That overlap might need to be addressed.

The only other thing I could potentially see is that when someone picks solid backgrounds while navigating. You might want to flip that option on and see what you get and if you like it.

Hope this helps... Great job BTW! Always glad to see someone build off of my work as I have done from the other great modders on this board. :)

hey thanks man!

actually i made the layering of the speed and elevations beneath the seme-transparent background image on purpose (i love having them, but i thought having them beneath took the edge of their brightness off a little).

the only question i have is how did you make it switch the image when opaque mode is turned off?

on a side note, so that would overlap the freeway signs? i've never actually had a chance to test it on the freeway so i'll take your word for it :mrgreen: ... tomorrow i'll make a change to move the clock in the position of the speed sign, and then move the speed sign, elevation, and speed limit signs down a little to compensate. again, great job on the mod man, i love it!

hey thanks man!

actually i made the layering of the speed and elevations beneath the seme-transparent background image on purpose (i love having them, but i thought having them beneath took the edge of their brightness off a little).

the only question i have is how did you make it switch the image when opaque mode is turned off?

on a side note, so that would overlap the freeway signs? i've never actually had a chance to test it on the freeway so i'll take your word for it :mrgreen: ... tomorrow i'll make a change to move the clock in the position of the speed sign, and then move the speed sign, elevation, and speed limit signs down a little to compensate. again, great job on the mod man, i love it!

There is a variable called ui.vTransparent that is used in the visiblemodel. 0 is for solid and 1 is transparent the way I have it setup.

Basically the freeway sign is perfectly wedged in between the original signs and the nav box on the left. Anything bigger than the original space and you are going to overlap. You can adjust the width of the signboard (freeway sign) and squish it down. There is also a zoom number to work with.

Remember not to move all the signs on the right down too far as there is the box that shows for the album art when the iPod is connected. Real estate is tight. ;)

interesting about the ipod album art. i didnt know that feature existed, there are so many features of my radio i dont use...well, now i see why you had the clock where you did! this modding stuff is a lot harder than i thought it would be. i can code, but im just not that artistic :( . thanks for the pointers, i really appreciated it!

interesting about the ipod album art. i didnt know that feature existed, there are so many features of my radio i dont use...well, now i see why you had the clock where you did! this modding stuff is a lot harder than i thought it would be. i can code, but im just not that artistic :( . thanks for the pointers, i really appreciated it!

No problem.... and if its any source of inspiration I am neither a coder or artistic person. Just good with technology/computers and learning things. ;) It all comes down to reverse engineering.

Good luck!

Another thing that you have to worry about with real estate, is that when on major highways, the speedlimit sign is right below the elevation, making it snug with the album art, but moving the elevation down will interfere with the speedlimit sign. I already thought of that, because it wouild look much neater all the way on the right hand side. It will also look a little off, when the opaque boxes are behind the the speed sign and the elevation sign but NOT on the speedlimit sign or the album art when they appear

All in all, I would love to have a bigger clock, but it will be extremely difficult with this mod as it is so feature rich and tight on realestate

Just looking at this, my suggestion to make a bigger clock would be to increase the size of the 'Top bar' as you have a little room above the speed sign. you will have to move the 'menu button' on the left side down about 10-20 pts. You can now increase the size of the clock to about 60pts instead of the 40 that it is now at. This will be larger although, not as large as yours which is set at 90, but it will be right in the middle.

Just looking at this, my suggestion to make a bigger clock would be to increase the size of the 'Top bar' as you have a little room above the speed sign. you will have to move the 'menu button' on the left side down about 10-20 pts. You can now increase the size of the clock to about 60pts instead of the 40 that it is now at. This will be larger although, not as large as yours which is set at 90, but it will be right in the middle.

Don't forget you will have to move *ALL* of the navigation elements when in route that are on the left hand side including resizing all of the associated transparent and solid backgrounds associated. No small task. BTW there are also some hidden elements in there that act as buttons to make pressing things easier. Those will need to be resized and or moved as well.

Alex