AVIC411.com

ACC-wire AVIC 710BT for VW?

Hi,

I have a problem that I hope someone in here might know how to solve.

I have just purchased a Pioneer AVIC-F710BT, and have tried to connect this to my car (VW Golf V 2004). I have also bought a VW harness adapter between the VW-cables and the AVIC (see photo below).

My problem is the ACC-wire (red wire in picture) that I can’t find on my car. There are two 12V cables available where the original player was connected, but none of them are switched. The result is that I can’t turn off the player, even when I turn off my car and remove the key.

Does anyone know how and/or where to connect the red ACC-wire on my car? I have tried to switch the red (ACC) and yellow (+Battery) cable, but it didn’t help.

Thank you very much for any replies!

// Kent

post-40336-12872760638386_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

In your car (golf V - same that my Altea i think) there is no ACC-wire ,but GND,+12V and two CAN-wires.You need can-bus unit or make a little "hack".

See that picture :

poaczenie.jpg

I just used already installed switch in my car.Now i can turn on/off avic without key.

sorry for my "english" :)

• 2 weeks later...

DON'T INSTALL A SWITCH.

That's the complete wrong way to do it.

Either connect it to the keysense wire (probably will have to use a relay to reverse the polarity), or there is a switched 12V source under the dash. I forgot where it was on the MKV but check VWVortex for a better answer.