AVIC411.com

Speedometer stays at 0 when installed into '08 tiburon

I've just had the z110bt installed into a 2008 Tiburon and everything works out aside from a couple of things.

1. there is no power side of the e-brake...it is a ground circuit...so it keeps giving a warning that the e-brake cable isn't connected properly

2. when the unit is installed...the speedo is stuck at 0...I have no idea why...hyundai can't figure it out either...

please help!!

I originally thought that also...had the vss from the stereo disconnected and still no luck...speedo stayed at 0

It would, if it's not hooked up to the Vss of the HU, but to another (wrong) connection point on the HU....

You just proved the point :wink:

I'd track the Vss wire from the car, and see where on the HU it's actually connected. 99.9% certain it's not on the Vss connection of the HU, where it should be.

If it's anything like the previous Z's.... the speed pulse wouldn't cause this... I never had speed pulse hooked up when it was in my previous truck, and it still read out the speed just perfect... All the speed pulse did, was take over for when you don't have satellite connection(ie tunnels or building or tree coverage).. It more/less guesstimates where you are, judging by your speed... It's not necessary though...

Have you tried to calibrate everything and/or reset the unit after initial install?

If it's currently hooked up to something, I would take it off completely, calibrate everything, and/or do a reset to see if that helps....

Does your unit's GPS show your position correctly?

If it's anything like the previous Z's.... the speed pulse wouldn't cause this... I never had speed pulse hooked up when it was in my previous truck, and it still read out the speed just perfect... .....?

The way I read it, it's not a problem with the speed readout on the Z110, but the readout of the original car speedometer not working anymore when the HU is connected....

to footnote the last comment....i had the vss wire from the unit disconnected from the car to see if that was causing the problem...and still no luck...the car's speedo was still sitting at zero...the tach and all the other gauges are working fine its just the speedo on the car that sits at zero as soon as the unit is plugged into the wiring harness.

to footnote the last comment....i had the vss wire from the unit disconnected from the car to see if that was causing the problem...and still no luck...the car's speedo was still sitting at zero...the tach and all the other gauges are working fine its just the speedo on the car that sits at zero as soon as the unit is plugged into the wiring harness.

As I said, it looks like the car Vss is not connected to the Z110 Vss input as it should be, but to another (wrong) input/output that is screwing up the car's Vss....

Some hyundai's have an extra wire in the harness not related to radio functions. have your installer disconnect the power antenna wire and see if the speedo works. The last Tib I worked on had this same issue and it was resolved by not hooking up the power antenna wire in the harness