AVIC411.com

06-09 Honda Civic Avic-Z110BT Dash issue.

Hey guys,

New to the site, I have just ordered and received my Avic deck, also ordered and received my in dash panel for my civic. The issue is that, the fit isn't flush, there is a gap between the dash panel and the deck. I talked to another member on this site and he got his dash panel from Amazon and i got mines from a dealership, he received a frame with his and I didn't with mines (because the OEM honda GPS unit is a little bit bigger due to the extra nobs and buttons)

Here is how his looks

and here is my issue:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

Anyone know where I can get the frame/trim piece to fill in the gap, I really don't want to sell the dash panel and buy another one from Amazon, if this is a easy solution, once that can be picked up from say Best Buy etc please let me know.

thank you,

ACE

Give me a day or two. I will get some pics of my install of the F90 in my 09 Si. I ordered the factory dash piece because the reviews of the Metra or Schoche parts seemed to have some color matching issues. The Factory part matches perfect (the install was a lot more time consuming with the factory amp, radio wires, etc as my last install was just a simple CD radio in a 97 car.) Anyway, I will try to take some pics and find the part i ordered. It isn't perfect but I can live with the result. I will give you the info and you can decide for yourself. All, ok most, aftermarket stereos/nav units/what ever, are a nice glossy black and there are no cars that come with glossy black so getting everything to match like a factory stereo is never gonna happen. But, just give be a day or two.

You cannot just buy a trim ring piece. What you should've done was buy Metra Kit 99-7871. There is also 99-7871T for Taupe color. This is what it looks like. Search it online. They cost around $35.00

997871_lg.jpg

I did an installation of a single din radio in a customer's car two months ago, and I used this kit. This is what it looks like.

100_2784.jpg

100_2785.jpg

100_2786.jpg

166da9l.jpg

I am pretty sure the dealer piece is probably a little bit more. The problem is the dealer piece is a meant for a factory replacement or upgrade to a factory navigation.

I would recommend against the Metra kit in place of the Scosche kit. I initially purchased the Metra kit and had problems with it. The Metra ket does not properly match the dash of the car. It is not textured like the dash and it sets the head unit too far back in the kit which makes it almost impossible to install the assembly because the harnesses in the back of the unit crowd the back of the dash. The Scosche kit does not have these issues and is modeled after the OEM ket perfectly. Also, you can call Scosche and order the trim ring. It cost me 10.00 dollars to replace the one that came with my kit after it became warped. Just call them and tell them you have the double din kit for nav and that you need another trim ring.

Thanks for the posts guys, I just talked to a sales rep at scosche and said the part exists but it is not on their site, according to him this is the part number for the trim piece: HA1561TRB you can call them @ 1800-363-4490 ext.1 and buy the piece separately, it is for $12.99. Before contacting scosche I had also contacted a buyer on ebay (volaudio) who also sells their products as well, he recently got back to me and said that the price of the trim piece is also $12.99 and will be $20 shipped to me. So I think I will go with either one since its the same part, same company brand, and same price.

Thanks for all the helps guy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...