AVIC411.com

Everything works but.......

I just bought a Z110BT for my 04 Tacoma. I ran all the wires last night and assembled the harness including the bypass. I am quite anal when it comes to wiring a car stereo so everything was checked and double checked, soldered and heat shrinked. This morning I hooked up the unit and turned her on for the first time. Everything worked wonderfully except for the screen would not open. I did remember hearing something when it was first powered up... sort of a whirrr-click whirrr-click whirr-click then the splash screen came up. I remember when I heard this sound the first thing I thought was..."this doesn't sound good" I reset all factory settings, even unplugged all power for 10-15 minutes then tried it again. I never even had a chance to reinstall the dash bezel back in place. I even removed the brackets from the unit and let it just sit in the hole and tried it....same sound and same problem. I can bring up the eject screen and press open or insert SD card and both of these functions light up when I press them but nothing lights up when I try to tilt the screen. Any ideas? I already talked to the people where I purchased it from and will be returning it first thing tomorrow morning. The worst part of it is I bought it from a vendor in California and I live in Maryland. I did get a really good price on it though... $899 for the unit and $30 for the genuine Pioneer iPod cable and they threw in the Toyota harness. Bummer! :roll:

My F10BT, which was installed on Dec-23 shows the same behaviour: "Open" does nothing at all and the two tilt buttons are greyed out.

My dealer called Pioneer for a replacement unit, which should arrive any day. If it's not a faulty installation it sounds like an error in a whole production line...