AVIC411.com

Can this be done?

Has anyone figured out how to install software onto the Z2? Knowing that the unit runs on Windows Automotive CE operating system, I would like to somehow install windows media player software so when I have either music from the library playing or from a cd it could display the trippy patterns on the display, especially when I am hanging out with people and we got the music playing and especially when I am at car shows.

Almost impossible without Platform Builder 4.2, which I have been looking for, for years, with few leads, none of which panned out. You can DL trial versions of PB6 or newer, but those are for a completely newer version of CE.

The reason is the Z1,Z2, and Z3 use a Hitachi SH4 CPU which is pretty rare in the Windows CE world. Most use ARM based processors. This means we can't just pull the missing libraries and executables from another device. PB is needed to compile custom versions for the SH4 CPU - not just WMP, but all the libraries (DLL files).