AVIC411.com

HOW TO: Add Daftia's Digi-Speedometer screen

This is crazy. I figured maybe i would try Abb's code for the digispeedometer since i was getting a parse error for the code, but i am getting the parse error even with Abb's code. This leads me to believe that I am missing a code form another file. Any ideas?

That error is totally vague in what its telling you. Basically what I have found is that error means "there is a problem that is most likely syntax related". Gee, thanks for the info. ;)

I have had that error come up when commenting something out that I accidentally used a : for rather than a ;.

Where I would start is by making sure that you have all of the template= referenced correctly. So if there is a template= command do a search for whatever it equals to be sure it exists. If you are sure that all of your templates exist as well as all of the images and SPR/vpr files are copied over then you should start commenting out the code.

So comment out sections leaving the layer tags in place. Uncomment out a section at a time until you find your error. Once you find the section that is the offender then start with several lines at a time.

Also make sure that all of the layers that the speedo.ini is loading exist. Let me know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

finally got it to work. What a bitch it was to find this error. You were right Daftia, I forgot to add these 3 template lines in the navigate800_480.ui file.

If anyone is looking to add this mod, also do not forget to add a button for this ...... onrelease='nextstate ST_DigiSpeedometer'.

Enjoy :D