AVIC411.com

Question about programming SWI-PS.

Here are the steps for my vehicle: http://76.12.243.71/swixprogramming/sho ... cles&ID=65

In the programming instructions it has a order for programming each function. The Track up/down and Preset up/down are one in the same on my steering wheel. The same thing for "Source" and "Band" are one in the same on my steering wheel.

So my question is do I really need to program all of these or can I skip the steps for Preset up/down since I already programmed Track up/down?

Yes... You can skip them..

Band and Mode should be the same thing, if not, then I would program Mode so that you can switch sources.... whereas band will probably just switch from FM to AM....

If you're like me, you hardly ever really need to "track down".... So what I did was program one of the "track" buttons on my steering wheel to "track up" and the other to "preset up"... That way you can skip to the next IPod song as well as skip through your FM presets.... just an idea...

steering wheel track down = Preset up

steering wheel track up = Track up

The Track up/down and Preset up/down are one in the same on my steering wheel.

So my question is do I really need to program all of these or can I skip the steps for Preset up/down since I already programmed Track up/down?

Unfortunately however the unit recognizes track up and seek up on the same control. You will not be able to do track up and preset up unless you have separate controls on your steering wheel.

The Track up/down and Preset up/down are one in the same on my steering wheel.

Unfortunately however the unit recognizes track up and seek up on the same control. You will not be able to do track up and preset up unless you have separate controls on your steering wheel.

Man that sucks! I was thinking that too because I noticed it had to learn each one. So I guess I should go ahead and do what dawgbone said. That sounds like the best work around.

However I don't listen to radio that much so hmmm...

Ok thanks guys!

that is pretty stupid you know...doesn't 90% of cars use the up and down for any source? Why wouldn't that work....