AVIC411.com

Do you need a wire for your bypass?

A wire off an idatalink bypass module used for remote starters plugs right into the Pioneer harness. You can remove the wire by simply lifting a little tab on the outside of the plug and pull the wire right out. I use these modules daily and throw about 20 of these wires away everyday. Any car stereo shop that does car starters may use this brand also and should be able to hook you up with a wire.

• 3 weeks later...

Strip 3" off the end of a piece of standard 18 ga, cut off all but about 8 strands, and twist them very tightly. Push them through the hole on the connector where it's needed, and pull it so the rubber jacket wedges inside the connector (hence the need for 18ga, need a large enough jacket). Cut off the excess, leave ~1/16th". Bend the remaining copper up and away from any other pins. Ground the new wire, no pin needed, completely reversible mod, and leaves the mute wire in place.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Strip 3" off the end of a piece of standard 18 ga, cut off all but about 8 strands, and twist them very tightly. Push them through the hole on the connector where it's needed, and pull it so the rubber jacket wedges inside the connector (hence the need for 18ga, need a large enough jacket). Cut off the excess, leave ~1/16th". Bend the remaining copper up and away from any other pins. Ground the new wire, no pin needed, completely reversible mod, and leaves the mute wire in place.

just got my z and this worked for me, after fiddling with moving the mute i tried this.

it worked great, although i only needed 3-4 copper strands in my 18ga.

thanks alot