AVIC411.com

Video from Ipod or DVD player

Here's the question:

Should I continue to use my XDV-P90 or watch movies from my Ipod? I would like to have the ipod hooked up to play music, but I can't have both, so I need some help deciding. Is the video from the Ipod fairly clear?

If I go the Ipod route, can I split the video out and send the signal to my other monitor as well?

Thanks,

Phillip

• 2 weeks later...

I do this in my Aramda... I've got an F700 w/ the iPod setup to output to an RCA Switch box. Also plugged into the switchbox is a Playstation, Headrest DVD Output, DTV Receiver.. On the output I have it split to feed back to the Headunit and to the DVD Headrests for the backseat. This allows me to cheat Pioneer by not having to buy a DVD Headunit plus allows me to have the maximum flexibilty... One thing I have done as well was the Bypass so that my passenger can watch movies or play games while on trips.

Umm, actually you can. Your going to need an RCA male to dual RCA female adapter. You will also need another RCA cable to extend to the monitor.

one of my installers has a 700 in his trailblazer, and this is exactly what we had to do to send video back to the factory flipdown, it works great if there is only one monitor, if you are trying to do this for multiple monitors (like a pair of headrests) then you may want to look into a powered video splitter with a built in signal amp so that the picture quality doesn't suffer too much.