AVIC411.com

What mods can I do w/ the 900BT Newb question

I tried to install 3.0 (hack) with no success, just for the better map look. All I'm trying to do is get a better map interface and some other bells and whistles via mods, can this be done in version 2? I noticed there are mods to do what I want, so my question is

What mods would you recommend and how do I install them?, this will be my first time modding. I have a 900BT with 01.00060 map and version 2.100000, so the simplest way would be greatly appreciated.

I really tried hard to find this info, but just couldn't seem to find a solution, so thanks for bearing with me on this

Thanks in advance!

I tried to install 3.0 (hack) with no success, just for the better map look. All I'm trying to do is get a better map interface and some other bells and whistles via mods, can this be done in version 2? I noticed there are mods to do what I want, so my question is

What mods would you recommend and how do I install them?, this will be my first time modding. I have a 900BT with 01.00060 map and version 2.100000, so the simplest way would be greatly appreciated.

I really tried hard to find this info, but just couldn't seem to find a solution, so thanks for bearing with me on this

Thanks in advance!

Something went wrong with your upgrade if it didnt work. As long as you have a backup try it again. If you need links I know they are here:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=app ... topic=9819

Only using that thread because I knew where the link was. Supposedly they are on here someplace too.

As far as what mods to use it comes down to preference. Load them both up for a couple days and see which one you like best. There are pretty much mine, IDT's and Stanisnavovich/Andr2000/Boris' mods as well as the Gurjon which is a little more involved. All of them will require you to have 3.0 installed to run.

Thanks for your help. The update you have posted is the one I used, what happened was after I got the blue screen, i put in the up, up, down, menu, left, right thing, the menu would come up, but it would only stay on for 5 seconds then it went black and I would have to reboot. I tried it over and over and kept giving only 5 seconds, which obviously prevented me from updating the file via SD. Have you heard of this and do you have a solution? Also, when I get the mods, do I load them through this method or some other way?

Thanks again,

Rob

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your help. The update you have posted is the one I used, what happened was after I got the blue screen, i put in the up, up, down, menu, left, right thing, the menu would come up, but it would only stay on for 5 seconds then it went black and I would have to reboot. I tried it over and over and kept giving only 5 seconds, which obviously prevented me from updating the file via SD. Have you heard of this and do you have a solution? Also, when I get the mods, do I load them through this method or some other way?

Thanks again,

Rob

I have the same problem. :cry:

Please help use.

Ron

Thanks again,

Rob

press the reset/map/menu/eject buttons together

release the reset button and keep holding the other 3 for 20 seconds then release the eject

and when the screen goes blue release the other 2.

That should keep you in that screen.