AVIC411.com

I think I'm bricked, please help!

I did the 3.0 upgrade posted on this forum on my 900BT and everything went as according to the guide and was successful , but when I went to boot it up, my splash screen hangs for 10 seconds or so and then the unit powers off, it will not function at all, am I bricked? Also I thought had my flash drive backed up, but it wasn't, so I don't have my original flash files. Any suggestions?, because I'm freaking out here.

Thanks!

The one from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25751&start=585, I downloaded the all on one sd card file method at the bottom of page 40 posted by MITGUY and followed the directions from the beginning of the thread.

Thanks for any and all help!

Don't know if it helps, but I used this thread to complete my install:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

The only things I noticed is that I didn't hear the pop in my speakers described in step 4.2, and I didn't hear the CD Drive load in step 4.3, holding all 3 buttons did get me to the screen described/pictured in step 4.3 though...

Have you tried going through the process again?

Are you able to get into testmode at all?

I remember seeing a site that had some backup files on an ftp server, i'll see if I can dig it up again just in case.

The one from this thread: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... &start=585, I downloaded the all on one sd card file method at the bottom of page 40 posted by MITGUY and followed the directions from the beginning of the thread.

Thanks for any and all help!

That thread was designed for those that had purchased the legit update and had their systems hosed. The legit update is known to give problems if you have mods installed as the update does not reformat the drive. The one in the link is a different updat procedure in that it reformats the entire drive and this way it does not conflict with any mods that were installed prior to the update. This thread was NOT meant to promote piracy and some of the drawbacks are loss of warranty if you hose your system as well as unable to receive any more updates as you need a Device ID that is provided with the legit update. I dont know, to me, it is not worth voiding your warranty to save $69 for the update. That is just coffee money to most of us, especially when spending anywheres from $600 - $1200 for an Avic unit.

Enough about that, if I was in your shoes, I would just try to reinstall the update again. Somebody had a similar problem and all was fixed when he reinstalled. Good luck!

I wish it were $69 in the U.S., but it's a $120 here, I tried to order from the Pioneer Canadian website but it would not let me, it said I had to use the U.S. site. Do you know if I bought the update now if it would install over my whole mess that I created?

Also I thought had my flash drive backed up, but it wasn't, so I don't have my original flash files. Any suggestions?, because I'm freaking out here.

Here's the thread I mentioned, thankfully it was still in my FTP Quickconnect history because my searches were turning up empty:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24888

Also, here's a thread I encountered that may help with your issue:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23760&start=0