AVIC411.com

install asian fonts

• 1 month later...

*** SOLVED ***

The main problem that most of us are having are the asian fonts disappearing after a couple of reboots. I believe I have solved the problem. Mainly, its' not the how the installation is done, but how the unit functions. You have to monitor the unit to make sure it fully starts up before doing anything. I have notice that for this particular unit, if you put your car into the power-on mode (engine haven't start up yet) the unit will start up, but if you start your engine now, the unit will reboot AGAIN causing it to recovery mode restoring all settings. Having carefully monitoring this, all my asian fonts had stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How to make it permanent ... asian fonts.

My understanding is that you can do an analogy to how Windows XP or whatever version of Windows boots. If you didn't boot completely to Windows then pull the power OFF or press reset, on next boot-up it will prompt you to go to normal mode because Windows thinks that there is a problem. In the case of the AVIC HU, Windows CE is an embedded operation system, the normal mode doesn't really exist so what it does is to reset all settings to default, including your modification for the asian fonts. The resetting will also occur if you soft-reset the HU with the in-dash button.

The idea is to start the car before the AVIC has enough time to go to the booting process. Usually if after you turn the key to the first position (ACC), you either let it boots completely or you have to start the car within 2 seconds or so.

Hope that this helps.