AVIC411.com

Does the Z110BT keep the IPod battery charged or not?

I had a 30gig 5th gen IPod hooked up to the stereo. I had to replace it, so I bought an IPod Touch 3G. It kept the old (5th gen) IPod battery constantly charged. Now, after a long period of time (working all day or asleep all night) I find that the IPod Touch battery is almost completely drained.

I want to leave the IPod connected 24/7. I don't want to disconnect it everytime I leave the car. I left the 5th gen one hooked up this way with no issues.

Try using the cable that came with the iPod to determine if you get a different result. Also wiggle the connector slightly when its plugged in to see if you can get it to start charging. Also you might want to try to restore your iPod and re-sync your data.

• 2 months later...

Food for thought: You said you have an ipod touch 3G... I take it that it has 3G network capability then? If this is set to active and you leave the car it could be roaming the whole time you are away from it and killing the battery. I didn't even know the touch came with 3G ability actually. I thought you had to go iPhone for that. Anyway, hope it helps.

Food for thought: You said you have an ipod touch 3G... I take it that it has 3G network capability then? If this is set to active and you leave the car it could be roaming the whole time you are away from it and killing the battery. I didn't even know the touch came with 3G ability actually. I thought you had to go iPhone for that. Anyway, hope it helps.

3G in reference to the Touch merely stands for third gen iPod Touch. There is no network 3G service with the Touch. Hs problem is something else. I suspect it is a defective cable that has a damaged pin in the dock connector that happens to control charging capabilities.