AVIC411.com

Illumination and others

New to the forum...hope to get help cause my radio installer is not...

Set illumination to automatic but doesn't change at night, installer said is because my car(Honda Odyssey 02) wiring doesn't allow it...

Got original pioneer cable for ipod but can't see any videos only audio out of a movie...

And he "bypassed" the unit but dvd video shows only for a few seconds before gets blocked, installer claims Pioneer is blocking bypass with new software...dont believe him...

Help please!!!

You are correct... Don't believe him...

If by "your car doesn't support the dimmer" he means that the harness doesn't have a dimmer wire, then he is just lazy... All cars with headlights supports the dimmer... Your lights are either on or off, in which all he had to do, is run the dimmer wire on the Avic to the correct wire for your car... In which can usually be found near the switch if on the dash, or in the steering column, if it's on the blinker... Being a Honda, I would imagine for it to be in the steering column...

Pioneer does not block the bypass with software. Your unit has the same software as mine, and everyone elses... Check in the status screen to make sure that the parking brake says that it's on... It should always say that it's on if the bypass was done correctly...

Not sure on the Ipod cable, audio and no video is strange. Are you sure the video was encoded to the unit's specs? aspect, size, frame rate, etc?

Your installer is full of crap and you should go back and demand he do it right or give you your money back. Take the bypass instructions on this site to him and tell him to follow those directions. Also, he probably got you the wrong iPod cable. You should have the CD-IU50V cable.

Thank you guys for your respond!!!

I believed he was full of crap but needed to confirm from experts like you...

The cable is an original Pioneer (CD-IU50V), watched him pulling it out of the box... unfortunately, can't find an authorized pioneer sticker in his shop so will be praying for a year the unit don't have any defect until warranty is gone...Advise to others, look for a certified dealer!!!!