AVIC411.com

Z110BT Bypass

I just received my Z110BT and about to do the bypass, but I am bit confused on the removing the pin part. This one is trickier than the F series one I did. I followed the instructions on the bypass, but I cannot get the pin to release and fear I am doing it wrong. I don't want to damage my harness.

So what is the trick to removing them? I put a pin in the bottom hole (two very small holes are visible on each row on the plug in side) and I feel like I am just destroying the plug. Is this right?

Mod Edit 01-14-2010:For those of you that are having a hard time removing the mute wire from the harness this should help. Courtesy of Soundman Car Audio.

http://www.youtube.com/user/soundmancar ... 3NL8jMok14

Sorry for the requested preschool walk-through. :) I figured out the plate, and I lifted that, it came up about 1/16" of an inch. Is that high enough? It doesn't want to go up any further. The pin still doesn't want to release, when you push a pin in the other other end and gently tug on the wire.

Once again apologies to the readers, I don't want to f*** up a $1000 purchase if you catch my drift. :)

Finally got it and it was a bi*ch. Thank you both for the encouragement and help. :)

Could you go into more detail on what you did? I busted mine trying to get it out and had to spend $85 ordering a replacement part which'll arrive next week. What was the magic secret? I spent hours and hours on it the first time and I'm not looking forward to attempt #2...

Like you saw, there's a million threads on how to do it and I read them all and followed as much advice as I could, but no one's ever gone into real, super detail about exactly how they did it.

Under the plug are three "plates". You need to lift the one that holds the mute wire up so it is up about 1/8" of an inch, that will release the grip on the pin, you do that by using a pin or small pick. Then with a thumb tack, insert it on the plug side of the one that has the mute wire in it. Be careful that you do not stretch the pin, like I did. I forced the tack into the pin and made it wider. Once I got it popped out, I repaired the pin and put it in its new location. I almost ordered a new one from pioneer as well.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. A couple more things, if you don't mind... when you say "plug side," that's the back side that the wires don't come into, right? Did you push the thumb tack in the larger hole on the top (small rectangle) or the smaller hole on the bottom (small square)? Also, how far did you have to push in the thumbtack... is just barely sticking it in there enough to disengage the pin, or do you have to go a bit deeper?

Sorry about the overkill, I'm just excited to hear from someone who can go step by step for idiots like me. :mrgreen:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. A couple more things, if you don't mind... when you say "plug side," that's the back side that the wires don't come into, right? Did you push the thumb tack in the larger hole on the top (small rectangle) or the smaller hole on the bottom (small square)? Also, how far did you have to push in the thumbtack... is just barely sticking it in there enough to disengage the pin, or do you have to go a bit deeper?

Sorry about the overkill, I'm just excited to hear from someone who can go step by step for idiots like me. :mrgreen:

Can anyone answer this? I spent another hour this morning trying to remove the pin, still with no luck. I want to avoid cutting the harness as shown in the Youtube video after damaging mine last time.

The video might be the easiest. I just ordered another harness, although my pin removal, although difficult, was a success, I am getting intermittent connections due to the damage to the pin in the removal. Once I get this new harness I will be doing the bypass again by the instructions in the video.