AVIC411.com

Do I need to reprogram my PAC-SWIPS

Hello

I'm getting rid of my F700 and getting the Z110BT, would I need to do anything to my PAC SWIPS or it'll be plug n play?

And also I'm using another mic then the one I got with my F700. Its a Parrot mic that I bought afterward and ppl said that it sounds much better then the stock one from F700. Would I be able to keep using that mic?

Thanks!

Yes and yes. However, Unless you have the SWI-PS version 1.6.8 you will not be able to program the controls to take advantage of the voice control with your steering controls. Obviously, if you do upgrade to the 1.6.8 version it will have to be programed.

• 2 weeks later...

A shop installed pac-swips on the z110BT but my bluetooth and VR did not work on my Mazda 3 2010 steering wheel controls. It cannot be program. It is version 1.6.8 and they tried two modules with 1.6.8, no luck. Everytime a tech tried to program the BT function, it just shuts off. Shop told me they will order more 1.6.8 and try again next week. Do you guys think the PAC is defective or is there a different way to program depends on car models/make ?

Yes and yes. However, Unless you have the SWI-PS version 1.6.8 you will not be able to program the controls to take advantage of the voice control with your steering controls. Obviously, if you do upgrade to the 1.6.8 version it will have to be programed.

I just installed my Z110BT today and I plugged the PAC back in with out changing the programing of it and it simply WORKS!

So basically it was plug and play for my upgrade from F700.

A shop installed pac-swips on the z110BT but my bluetooth and VR did not work on my Mazda 3 2010 steering wheel controls. It cannot be program. It is version 1.6.8 and they tried two modules with 1.6.8, no luck. Everytime a tech tried to program the BT function, it just shuts off. Shop told me they will order more 1.6.8 and try again next week. Do you guys think the PAC is defective or is there a different way to program depends on car models/make ?

What buttons on the steering wheel were they trying to use for the VR? Not all of the buttons share the same CANbus wires, so it made need a second SWI-PS. If it's buttons for factory bluetooth, then they probably communicate with the bluetooth module, and not the radio.