AVIC411.com

Will the AVIC-N2 work without the brain

I have one but have not hooked up the unit yet and purchased the unit without brain. I wanted to know if i could still use the unit as a dvd unit and cd unit . I know where I am going alot of the times and don't think i need the GPS function. If I need to purchase it online I would but really if i dont need it that is fine

Hey we got comedians on here today :D No worry mines was not a hot box as you would call it. I purchased mines from some one that goes to auctions and he bought the car I took the radio out and though that was it as not knowing what type it was on it needing brain. He fixed and sold car and I am sure that whoever bought the vehicle put a radio in and not even know what the hell that part is :( I am mad becuase i should have checked. Thanks for the input ( even the assumptions as i don't blame ya) and I guess its off to either Ebay to find the BRAIN ( other part) or sell the Monitor unit.

• 8 months later...