AVIC411.com

Newbie needs help purchasing AVIC unit

Greetings All!

Newbie here with a question. I spend a fair amount of time in the car (2007 Mustang with Shaker 500 audio) and really need to get the phone out of my ear. :) The AVIC units look like the perfect solution, but I cannot decide which model would be best. This is what I need in order of preference:

1) Touchscreen unit that can dial, answer, ignore, or disconnect calls from the headunit without touching my BB

2) Solid, reliable Bluetooth connectivity to a Blackberry Tour 9630 (on Verizon, if it matters)

3) Synchronization of my contacts

4) USB or micro-/mini-/regular SD card playback of MP3s

5) navigation, don't care if it is DVD or internal HDD

As you can tell, Blackberry connectivity and functionality are the big ones. Everything else is secondary. So, my dilemma is which unit to choose? From reading here and other boards, I see several options:

-> go cheap = AVIC-F series

-> buy last year's model - AVIC-Z3

-> buy the current gen - AVIC-X910BT or AVIC-Z110BT

-> wait for the latest and greatest = AVIC-X920BT

Which unit would serve me best? Any and all information/advice/opinions are GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!!

Your going to have the best results with either the Z110BT or the X920BT when it arrives. However, the BB is going to be the stinker. BB's seem to be the most troublesome with BT on navi units. I would go to a local shop that has the units on display and pair your phone with the units and test the results. The current X series are good units but are not trouble free for everyone. The Z110BT is nearly flawless. The X920BT should be as well sense it appears to use the same software as the Z.