AVIC411.com

installing back up camera to d3

I have a back up camera to install and i have a few questions. i know the back up camera needs to be grounded and also connected to the reverse light wire for power. I also know the RCA video wire needs to be plugged into the back of the D3. my question is the d3 has a wire on the harness labeled reverse correct? and i need tap this wire into the reverse light wire as well right? and does anybody know off hand where i can find a closer tap in for the d3's reverse wire to the reverse lights? or should i just run wire all the way to the back of the truck? thanx in advance

You will only get back up view and not get REAR VIEW if you wire the power wire of the cam to reverse. You should wire the red power wire from the cam to the red power wire of the head unit. The reverse wire from the head unit goes to the car's reverse wire. You can find the reverse wire usually under the dash somewhere but that depends on your ca. If you are not able to find the wire under the dash you can tap it at the reverse light.

You will only get back up view and not get REAR VIEW if you wire the power wire of the cam to reverse. You should wire the red power wire from the cam to the red power wire of the head unit. The reverse wire from the head unit goes to the car's reverse wire. You can find the reverse wire usually under the dash somewhere but that depends on your ca. If you are not able to find the wire under the dash you can tap it at the reverse light.

So hooking it up like this I will b able to engage it by puttin the truck in reverse and also by goin to map amd then rear view?