AVIC411.com

street level GPS disappears

I live in seattle and have noticed that in different parts of the city - and as far a i can tell always the same parts - my gps will jump from street level .01 mile to the next pull out level where the roads are identified by lines and not graphic images. in certain places where i know this happens i can see an empty grid graphic as i approach the area and once i enter the area it jumps to the pulled out setting. the directions and gps remain accurate but it does not provide the street level detail. customer service ran a demo from their end and said they could not reproduce the problem - although i cant see how they ran a demo replicating my conditions ( same satellites, interference etc). They recommend sending it in to them but that is unrealistic for me based on the install. anyone else experience this? any thoughts?

thanks

Sounds like the navigation data in the system does not have that resolution for the area where you are hitting the issue. My previous system used to send up a warning that it was changing the scale in several places along my commute. I keep my scale up much higher now, and haven't run into this issue recently. Should not really be a concern - Pioneer purchases mapping data at certain scales from another provider. In all likelihood, they do not offer ~50 ft resolution for some areas.

To add to this, in my area there is a place called Union Terminal and everytime I approach the building from a certain angle the ground on the gps turns black and the roads are purple and loose there '3dness'. If I approach the building from a different angle everything appears normal. I'm using the real day v6 scheme. (sorry I don't forget the exact name) I just figure that it some uber top secret cold war left over and that there is a secret sub base in downtown Cincinnati 8):lol: