AVIC411.com

Sling or whatever on F90BT

Ok, I finally got this to work after months and months. i will detail instructions

Iphone 3gs 3.1.2 Jailbroken( I have a 3gS but the 3G will work as well)

Sling player at home

mobile sling on your I

3g unrestrictor to enable streaming over 3g

TVout Tuner from ROCK

(Other TV out App must be deleted...doesn't work anyway)

Set up 3g Unrestrictor to allow access for SLING

On UNIT(AVIC) go to Movies> then select a movie.

Once its playing on screen hit the home button on your I. ( Don't touch the UNIT)

Enable TVout Tuner, once this is done it will show the springboard on your UNIT.

You can play any game or use any app. You will have to mess with the screen rotation in TVout Tuner as some apps act differently.

Start Sling and enjoy, if your 3g connections is good enough..watch the football game or whatever.

See screenies....

I cant or wont help with how to jailbreak. If you have a SMART question yell. And maybe I can help.

Good Day...420

This is the real deal if you don't believe me then...you know

post-40855-12872760984184_thumb.jpg

post-40855-1287276098501_thumb.jpg

post-40855-12872760986003_thumb.jpg

post-40855-12872760987108_thumb.jpg

Can't believe no one else has replied/responded to this... :)

I didn't have success w/ doing this using the TVOut you're using... I tried several

from Cydia - TVOut and TVOut mirror or something like that... It never would display Sling

in Landscape.

So I uninstalled those and found TV Out plugin, which works great... it's based off of

TVOut 1.8 by ashikase.

I loaded a small movie sample (.mp4) on to my iPhone, start it like you said on the Avic, then

Home button, then start Slingplayer... and it connects and is displayed - works like a charm.

Thanks for posting! works well

• 1 month later...

I totally agree.. this is the coolest thing yet, I just don't get AT&T service here so no iPhone but when it gets release to Verizon and others I will be trying this. Although I am a longtime Crack Berry addict..would be tough to give up

Is it necessary to jailbreak it? The slingbox app doesn't support TV out on it's own?

Yes, Apple restricts the TV OUT extension for App Store apps. Only Apple apps support the TV OUT extension. I use Resupported found on Rock as my TV OUT extension. It supports all video apps that I use.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

thanks, for the info. i was about to buy a new double din that supports this naturally. with the t-mobile service in dallas i dont need that sat on top of the truck,,,,,, i can deal with a stutter every now an then, in stead of 2 thousand on a dtv sat system to mount on top of :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: the truck,,,,,,,, thanks.............\\

for to mention,,, u will have to do some resizing on the tv out app so ur slingplayer app pic covers the whole screen :idea: