AVIC411.com

Just Installed!! H2

Just finished installing the Z1! Works awesome, the bypass works great! Thanks Ducatiboy!! I also put in the NAVtraffic XM unit and MutiCD changer. Great unit compared to the N1 I had and didn't work after the bypass with upgraded software. I had the PAC interface for the BOSE system already from the N1 install and it hooked up flawless. I definetly recommend it for the GM vehicles with BOSE, this unit sounds great with the bose system, better than the N1. All I have extra is a sub box with amp. The unit gives plenty of power to the other speakers. All I want now is the Ipod interface and find some nice hummer logos for the screen. I'm attaching a photo.

post-2081-12872751361297_thumb.jpg

I just ordered my Avic-Z1. It should be here by Friday. I am concerned about my installation. I just learned that my OEM Mercedes Benz Bose system is fiber optic. Whatever that means. :( Is there a solution to hooking up my speakers without having to manually rewire everything? Maybe something like my friend with the H2 has. I need some ideas on how to install my Avic-Z1 without being ripped a new one, thus I have already have gone over my budget with the headunit by itself. Any thoughts?

Kleenkut13

I would think a high end install shop would know. Call around and research it. That's what I did with my BOSE system. Like I said, try a high end type shop, not the best buy kind, but they might know too. There has to be an adapter. Try PAC's website, www.pac-audio.com/default.asp.

No actually there doesn't HAVE to be an interface availible. AS far as I've been able to locate there is currently no interface availible for mercedes fiber systems. Besides if you think about it an interface would be fairly expensive since it would have to contain an a/d convertor, then something to convert and transmitt the information over the fiber line.

• 10 months later...