AVIC411.com

Speed camera warning available in EU

This looks to be a pre configured AVIC FEEDS POI file which anyone can do on there own with the application. The F10/Z110 does not support any type of POI warning system so this will only allow you to display them on the map but will not alert you on your approach. I actually use this ability now with my unit. However, I did request a POI alert feature be submitted to the Z110BT as a feature request for a new firmware if there is one. Lets hope it happens. If you are able to get an actual warning on the screen as you approach a traffic cam please let us know. However without a firmware update to the unit I don't see how this is possible.

not sure of the file format or technicalities, however, you register, download a program, poibase, select what unit you have, you need a SD card with 16mb of memory available.

Poibase downloads the data to the card, put the card in the F10, turn on, it uploadeds the data, in the settings you have to activate "blackspot" notification.

as you approach a speed or saftey camera you can see the icon and about 100 yards before you get to it it beeps 3 times, too loud for my liking so will need to investigate that.

this is their website

http://www.poibase.com/de/was_ist_poibase/?L=2

hope that helps

Paul

in the settings you have to activate "blackspot" notification.

In what area of the settings screen is this "blackspot" setting in the F10

from the instructions:

To display the safety cameras on your:

AVIC-F10BT: Select Menu -->; Settings -->; Navi Settings -->; Black Spot Settings -->; Black Spot Settings [On].

AVIC-F310BT: Select Menu -->; Settings -->; [>;] -->; Black Spot -->; Black Spot [On]

That option is not on the Z. Hopefully, POI alert will be added in a future update of the unit. I have requested it be added as such. FYI, you can still have traffic camera POI on the unit buy using AVIC FEEDS. It wont alert you but they can be displayed on the map for reference as you approach their locations. I have them on mine. I will post the files if people want them.

I have a few more questions: Is it true that the POIs in each file cannot be >100? If so, we need to break them up into <100 each, right? Also, how many POI files can z110BT accept?

BTW, I can't seem to find a way to search custom POIs in z110BT. Is there a way to do it?

Is it true that the POIs in each file cannot be >100?

Yes.

Also, how many POI files can z110BT accept?

BTW, I can't seem to find a way to search custom POIs in z110BT. Is there a way to do it?

Unfortunately there is no search option for AVIC FEEDS POI. I have also requested this be fixed in a future update.

That option is not on the Z. Hopefully, POI alert will be added in a future update of the unit. I have requested it be added as such. FYI, you can still have traffic camera POI on the unit buy using AVIC FEEDS. It wont alert you but they can be displayed on the map for reference as you approach their locations. I have them on mine. I will post the files if people want them.

On the HD3 (more or less the same as Z1/Z2/Z3), it works more or less the same. You only get the separate "blackspot" menu items once you download the software/POIs for the speedcamera's.

I would assume it works the same for the Z110, so you will probably only get that menu item once it's installed....