AVIC411.com

New install 07 Tahoe questions...

Im new to this site and b4 i install this Z-series in my truck, i was wonering afew things....

1. Has anyone installed this unit in a 07 Tahoe??

2. Will i still b able to control the audio from my stering wheel??

3. Will my XM radio and Onstar still work with this unit?

4. Will my rear tv still work at the same time as this unit while playing a movie??

Please let me know as i am excited to buy it

thanks

1. Yes, quite a few.

2. You will need a PAC SWI-PS steering wheel control interface module.

3. The XM can be retained through the rear controls and steering wheel controls with the PAC OS-4, but cannot be controlled from the Z110. The OS-4 will also retain your OnStar.

4. OS-4 will also retain the rear seat entertainment system. There are also methods to wire in the Z110's dual zone capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...
Im new to this site and b4 i install this Z-series in my truck, i was wonering afew things....

1. Has anyone installed this unit in a 07 Tahoe??

2. Will i still b able to control the audio from my stering wheel??

3. Will my XM radio and Onstar still work with this unit?

4. Will my rear tv still work at the same time as this unit while playing a movie??

Please let me know as i am excited to buy it

thanks

Yes, yes, yes and I'm not sure. First things first... Do you use Onstar? If not, things get a lot simpler and less costly. The OnStar module does control your chimes and turn signal clicks in addition to OnStar. I have not missed either of these things. If you're not interested in using OS, there is no need for the retention module which is going to be an additional $175. If you choose not to use OS, there is a bundle of blunt cut wires below and to the left of the HU. A little bit of a chore to get to, but not too bad. All the 12v, acc, and ground wires you'll need are here. Tape the unused ones back up and out of the way.

As far as the steering wheel controls, you will need to purchase a PAC SWI-P. They're fairly easy to install while installing the HU, although the set-up can be a little sketchy at times. All in all, you should be able to control most of the audio and VR functions of the HU through your wheel buttons.

It's fairly easy to use the factory installed XM antenna, but you'll need to buy the Pinoeer XM tuner. You just need to get in behind your glove box and remove the factory XM box, cut the clips off of the left side of the mount, use a little double-sided tape and stick the Pioneer box to the old mount. Next, remove the plastic retainer from the XM antenna wire, since it will not plug into the Pioneer box. Plug it into the Pioneer box. I have never had an issue with it falling out, but I'm sure you can get creative with a little electical tape if you're concerned about that. Make the necessary electrical and IP Bus connections, and you will have XM - be sure to call XM with your new tuner id #.