AVIC411.com

Just Ordered the Z110bt.

I'm really excited. I just ordered the Z110bt an hour ago from 6ave.com I'm trying to figure out what else I need before I take it to the installer.

Car: 2009 Toyota Corolla XLE

So far I ordered:

-Z110bt

-Pioneer CD-IU50V USB iPod Cable

-Pioneer GEX-P920XM XM Satellite Tuner

I need:

PAC-SWI PS Version 1.6.8 (any suggestion where to purchase for the best price in this version)

Back up Camera (any suggestion on what brand?) ** I don't know too much about Cameras, but what I want is something small and good resolution, but not too expensive. price range of $75-100**

Do I need to order a Double Din Dash kit or is this something the installer orders?

Do I need anything else?

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help.

Whoever you order the SWI-PS from just make sure they are selling you the 1.6.8 version. As far as cameras go be sure to focus on a CCD camera as opposed to the many CMOS cameras available on ebay. These cameras usually don't last six months and tend to give a low res picture quality. I use BOYO CCDS cameras and have never had any problems with them. They start at about 100 bucks.

Per the recommendation of someone here, I ordered the PAC-SWIPS thing from Woofers Etc. via eBay. Good price ($42 I think) and expressly says it's the latest version.

I don't know about your car (I have 07 Nissan Sentra) but I had to buy an FM adapter to retain FM reception. Was pretty cheap though.

As far as the kit, I haven't had mine installed yet, but just confirmed my appointment with someone and they included the dash kit in their pricing, so just confirm yours will do the same.

Also, I lose the display on my dash by connecting a new stereo unit and would have to buy a $150-200 adapter kit that would retain the display (really only needed to retain bluetooth, but obv. the Z110 has BT) so again you should check with your car model if the display is impacted.

Finally, not sure if you plan on doing the bypass. From what I gather, this allows you to watch video and enter info into the GPS when the car's parking break is not engaged. If you do want to do this (which seems to be the consensus on this forum that you do) you'll want to confirm with your installer that a) he knows how to do this or can find out how; and B) he's willing to do and sort out the cost.

That's pretty much all the info/work I figured out in the last week of doing all my research. Just got my unit today and will install it this Saturday, if anything comes up or I think there is something more useful you should know, I"ll post it here.

My finaly recommendation is find a messageboard for your car/model and ask around there too about what you might need for installing a new head unit. That's how I found out about some stuff native to my car model.