AVIC411.com

X Series with RDS?

On the AVIC910BT as far as i understand, the X series has MSN Direct and the European F version has RDS instead of it. Is that correct? I own a X series AVIC, bought of eBay, but i live in Europe. I've got european maps and stuff, but is there anyway to replace MSN direct with RDS support or? In witch case, what files must be replaced?

-Frank-

On the AVIC910BT as far as i understand, the X series has MSN Direct and the European F version has RDS instead of it. Is that correct? I own a X series AVIC, bought of eBay, but i live in Europe. I've got european maps and stuff, but is there anyway to replace MSN direct with RDS support or? In witch case, what files must be replaced?

-Frank-

Can't be done, this is hardware difference. Euro versions have RDS tuner/decoder, and US versions (the ones that have it at all) have MSND tuner/decoder instead.

The HD Radio adapter for AVIC does have RDS decoder, but it a) does not do TMC and B) only tunes in US frequency steps, so that won't help you much either... :(

Ok. Thanks for the nice and outfilling reply BorisM. That really clarified things. I guess I'll be dropping the thought of TMC messages then :P

Thanks again.

-Frank-

You're welcome!

As far as I know, nobody even managed to get a US version of AVIC to tune to all of European radio stations yet...

I bought both Avic F700BT, The US ver and the ERUO Ver. I took the US unit to a technician in order

to determine if it is possible for the tuner to jump in 100 MHz increments. According to him the Microprocessor need to be replaced. He tried to order it but couldn't find any information on it.

Do any of you guys have any link for Hardware marketplace as such to be purchased and what is the part number/name?

We might be able to narrow this down and make conversion easy and cheap.

I bought both Avic F700BT, The US ver and the ERUO Ver. I took the US unit to a technician in order

to determine if it is possible for the tuner to jump in 100 MHz increments. According to him the Microprocessor need to be replaced. He tried to order it but couldn't find any information on it.

Do any of you guys have any link for Hardware marketplace as such to be purchased and what is the part number/name?

We might be able to narrow this down and make conversion easy and cheap.

It's a custom Pioneer part, a microcomputer with different embeded software between the European and US versions. So the only place you could get it is as a replacement part from Pioneer....

It's been looked into and discarded a long time ago....

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
When does MSN Direct expire? It's never been used on my stereo and i keep forgetting to inquire about it before they closeup shop.

January 1st, 2012.

You REALLY need to learn how to use the search box. A lot of your posts aren't necessary if you just type what you're wondering about in there.