AVIC411.com

Can you hack the Graphic Equalizer?

Is there any hack out there to modify or re-upload a better graphic equalizer. I would like one with more eq bands. Because this is simply software I would think you could hack it or over-write it with a better one? Anybody have any ideas? I particularly am interested in having a 16khz or 18khz slider. My hearing is lacking in those frequencies so I would like to boost it there. The 12.5khz end limit seems to be sorta low for a "high frequency" adjustment.

Thanks

Jeff

Sucks, but nobody has hacked this unit yet.... At least not to my knowledge...

I would think that it would require someone acquiring the firmware, know assembly language, and know how to reverse engineer the firmware... Or acquire Pioneer's source code...

I personally just wish I could save and/or backup my EQ settings(all settings), so that I don't have to fight trying to get it back to where it was, every time I disconnect the battery or reset the unit...

I hear ya dogbone...that does suck indeed. Wouldn't think it would be that hard for hackers. Shoot look how easy it is to hack a computer....as far as your issue, I might have a solution. There are things out there called battery backups. It is like a 9 volt supply you plug into the lighter socket and when you disconnect the battery guess what this little device keeps auxiliary power so that your head unit won't lose its presets...pretty crafty...

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have an F700BT that I'm upgrading to the Z130BT when it gets here tomorrow. My main reasoning was so I could get the new model with the 4volt pre-outs, and A2DP streaming, but also I got a great deal. This Equalizer thing is another benefit I hope.

The reason it is like that on the F900 (and the F700, F90, etc) is that it's only a 3-band EQ, but it has adjustable "Q", which basically changes where each of the 3 bands equalizes and how wide and eqalization it allows (probably just changes how many decibels per octave). Kind of nice for a 3-band eq, but a monstrous pain in the neck to tune!