AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Update

After updating my F90BT to firmware 3.0, I was wondering if there was an update I was missing out on with the Bluetooth software. If so what is the latest version? Is it 3.3? If so, can someone tell me how to do the update?

I was hoping an update would improve my call quality. Whenever I'm on the bluetooth in my car, the other end says they hear a lot of background noise. It'd be awesome if this was fixed.

hearing a lot of noise from the background is more of a mic or mic location problem then a software fix

I changed location of the mic to the steering wheel so it's right in front of me. Do you think if I get a new mic it will solve this issue? If so, would the same Pioneer mic be fine or would I need to purchase another brand. Thanks

After updating my F90BT to firmware 3.0, I was wondering if there was an update I was missing out on with the Bluetooth software. If so what is the latest version? Is it 3.3?

I think 3.3 is the latest bluetooth version, but it is only recommended for certain phones so I'm pretty sure there aren't any sound quality or operational updates in it. It does seem like it is more likely to be a mic issue. I am happy with the call quality in mine and I am still using 2.9 firmware for BT. I use an old nokia mic that I already had and the sound quality is pretty good.

replacing the mic will only fix it if the mic is the problem. what kind of car is it in, if the car is noisy then just about any mic will pick up the noise, is it just as noisy when the car is just sitting still?

It's an 08 Scion tC. It's not too quiet inside. I'm pretty sure even when the car is parked the person on the other end was telling me they hear a lot of background noise.

05 Scion tC here with F90BT unit. Think I am running the 3.3 BT software, but since I just updated the firmware to 3.0, BT has not been working right and now not showing the version number anymore. Going to re-run the 3.3 update and see if that helps.

For microphone, I mounted it to hang down from the driver's side visor, virtually in front of my face while I am driving. Amazingly it seems to make a difference just between being held between visor and ceiling and just hanging down off the visor so assuming mic is omnidirectional. And I would consider Scion tC's pretty quiet compare to some other cars. One of the lowest interior noise ratings in it's category.

You might want to play around with mic location. Getting it up to the visor is pretty easy on the Scion actually. You can feed it up behind glove compartment and/or peel back the front pillar covers without even needing to remove them.

Enjoy!

Clif

• 2 weeks later...
05 Scion tC here with F90BT unit. Think I am running the 3.3 BT software, but since I just updated the firmware to 3.0, BT has not been working right and now not showing the version number anymore. Going to re-run the 3.3 update and see if that helps.

For microphone, I mounted it to hang down from the driver's side visor, virtually in front of my face while I am driving. Amazingly it seems to make a difference just between being held between visor and ceiling and just hanging down off the visor so assuming mic is omnidirectional. And I would consider Scion tC's pretty quiet compare to some other cars. One of the lowest interior noise ratings in it's category.

You might want to play around with mic location. Getting it up to the visor is pretty easy on the Scion actually. You can feed it up behind glove compartment and/or peel back the front pillar covers without even needing to remove them.

Enjoy!

Clif

Previously I had my mic installed in the aux port to the left of the steering wheel (Scion tC) but I had issues. So I moved it to the steering wheel as instructed in the manual but no luck. I doubt moving the mic to the a-pillar will correct my problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving the mic will correct your problems. Since most of the mic's on the market do not block out background noise, your only fix is where you have your mic at. The Scion TC is a noisy car to begin with, way too much road noise and everything else. So the people that hear you on the phone are getting mostly back ground noise instead of your voice. I have mine above the sun visor in my G35, sine that is a spot where no wind is rushing by it and I have almost zero road noise.

Moving the mic will correct your problems. Since most of the mic's on the market do not block out background noise, your only fix is where you have your mic at. The Scion TC is a noisy car to begin with, way too much road noise and everything else. So the people that hear you on the phone are getting mostly back ground noise instead of your voice. I have mine above the sun visor in my G35, sine that is a spot where no wind is rushing by it and I have almost zero road noise.

it definitly doesn't hurt that a G has about 3 times as much sound deadening as the TC.lol

Yeah I agree, tC is a noisy car. But I'm still skeptical about moving it up to the visor because right now, I have it on the steering wheel which is right in front of me. So moving it up to the visor is furthest away from all the road noise which'll cut out all that background noise?