AVIC411.com

Z110 and CD Changers

• 3 weeks later...
CD changers are yesterdays news. Kinda like VCR's when you have a DVD player. The future is with the iPod as a mass store media device.

I kinda agree with CDs but the XDV-P6 is also a DVD changer. Using 6 DVDs would still kick. Actually you would think they would make one of those 12 cd changers to a DVD changer. And if they are really heading towards using mostly SSD instead of optical you would think they would design them with out the low max on the flash drives.

The current Pioneer 12-disk CD changer hasn't changed in almost a decade. They were long done investing in changer technology. Think of it like Pioneer would from a profit standpoint. For every 1000 Z110s they sold, somethin like 1% of people would actually use a DVD changer. That same ridiculously low amount of people can figure out how to use the XDVP6 if they REALLY needed it so there is no use for Pioneer to spend more than a penny to develop a new 12 disk changer to accomodate those folks.

I kinda agree with CDs but the XDV-P6 is also a DVD changer. Using 6 DVDs would still kick. Actually you would think they would make one of those 12 cd changers to a DVD changer. And if they are really heading towards using mostly SSD instead of optical you would think they would design them with out the low max on the flash drives.

• 4 weeks later...
The current Pioneer 12-disk CD changer hasn't changed in almost a decade. They were long done investing in changer technology. Think of it like Pioneer would from a profit standpoint. For every 1000 Z110s they sold, somethin like 1% of people would actually use a DVD changer. That same ridiculously low amount of people can figure out how to use the XDVP6 if they REALLY needed it so there is no use for Pioneer to spend more than a penny to develop a new 12 disk changer to accomodate those folks.

Ya I see your point. I would just like to see the XDVP6 be a little more integrated. Oh well. But maybe they are heading more towards SS. Assuming that lack of a max on USB listed in the 120 manual is correct.