AVIC411.com

Pacsw converter not fully working

The buttons on mine work better than expected in my BMW X5. PAC said that the R/T button on the steering wheel wouldn't work, but in fact it's been programmed so that it switched between inputs...much faster than hitting Mode, then having to touch the screen a couple of times just to change inputs. I was wondering though...can I somehow lockout AM from being in the rotation? I'd like it to go like DVD, Nav, FM, SD, iPod and completely skip over AM.

The only problem I have w/ my PAC is that the voume buttons act funny. Like if I hit it once, the reaction is slow, and if I hold onto it for longer than a second or so, the volume just shoots up way to fast, sometimes going way louder than I would ever want it to.

• 5 months later...

It will but you will need to reprogram it for that specific function. However, a different set of buttons will need to be used from the ones you use for track skip or you will loose that feature when you reprogram it for radio presets.

Guest x5james

So, it's either:

Skip tracks on the CD, go through the .2 increments on the radio

or,

No skipping tracks on the CD, go through the presets on the radio

No?

Guest x5james

Good idea! My PAC came preprogrammed to my X since I bought the whole setup from another X owner, so I'll have to go look into how to do that. I have an R/T button that scrolls through the inputs that either works or doesn't for others, so I'm afraid of screwing that up and losing that though.