AVIC411.com

SD / SDHC CARD ISSUES

MY SDHC CARD (BOUGHT FROM BEST BUY) PLAYS FINE ON MY AVIC X910BT AND I HAVE A FEW MUSIC FOLDERS IN IT

THE ISSUE THAT I AM HAVING IS THAT :

WHEN MUSIC IS READ FROM A FOLDER AND IT REACHES LETS SAY SONGS IN THE # 100'S SOMETHING

LIKE SONG NUMBER 110 AND UP, THE UNIT STARTS FREEZES ON THAT SCREEN / AND I CAN ONLY GO BACK TO MENU OR MAP BUT GETS VERY SLOW.

ALSO I CANNOT CHANGE SONG OR ANYTHING / BUT WHEN I REMOVE THE SD CARD, EVERYTHING GOES BACK TO NORMAL.

DO I HAVE TOO MANY SONGS IN A SINGLE FOLDER OR WHAT ? DOES THAT MATTER ? THE UNIT IS SUPPOSED TO READ A MAXIMUM OF 8GB RIGHT / SO WHY WILL IT BE FREEZING WHEN IT GETS TO THOSE HIGHER NUMBERS ?

IT'S AN 8GB SDHC CARD

• 1 month later...

This problem with lockups using large numbers of MP3s on USB or SD media is ongoing. I ran into this problem 9 months ago when I first bought my X910BT and spent a lot of time on these forums researching it. (see http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=27399#p189615)

Long story short, never found a solution. My best guess is that this is a problem in the base OS with memory or file handling when using external media, and not enough people are complaining to get it fixed. Most of the people on the forums are focused on the navigation system and interface which is fun stuff and easy to reconfigure and program.

My hope is that with subsequent Pioneer base releases they will fix this media hang problem. Sorry I don't have better news. :(

I am looking for a compatible SD card that will definitely work for me to access to Windows mode.

I've look over the forum and seems like theres no such list. I don't really want to waste my money to get a card

that doesnt' work and not refundable.

What SD cards do you use?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having issues with videos I'm putting on my sd card. I got one with a 15 mb/s transfer rate and still the video playback comes out about a half second behind the audio. I have no problems when playing videos from my iphone, but I want to be able to play movies from the sd card as well.

BTW, how are the video folders supposed to be structured on the SD card? It seems to choose semi randomly what file it wants to start at and go to next.

I installed Diaftia's hybrid mod if that makes any difference...