AVIC411.com

Noob... need help on avic Z1 purchase

Hey guys... just spent the last hour reading on the AVIC Z1, 2, 3 section and I've learned a great deal about it, thanks.

Intro:

I drive a Nissan 350z and I'm very active in the car forums and know a lot of mods and parts for my car.

I am totally new to car stereo and don't know what to look for, so I'm here to learn about all Pioneer units.

Many of my friend told me to get pioneer as it is one of the best unit out there.

Basically want 7" screen with navigation, dvd/mp3 player, ipod connector/adaptor and maybe hooking up a game console and a back up camera.

Situation:

I found a local seller... selling his AVIC-Z1 unit for $500 bux.

I messaged him and ask...

1) How old is the unit? Didn't answer.

2) Any scratch/cracks? Didn't answer.

3) You have the manual? No he doesn't.

I know I can download the manual from crutchfield or the pioneer website, so it's no biggie.

The seller said: he has the complete head unit, wires and remote.

What should I look for in order for it to work?

The HU wire harness and gps wire?

How do I go about testing it to see if it works before buying?

Just plug the black wire - to the negative term and the red to positive terminal on my battery?

I want to make sure all harness's, wires and brackets are there before my purchase.

I've seen the list of parts you can buy from the pioneer website but would rather have it all.

Thanks for reading my long a$$ intro... here is a pic of my car. I plan on installing this awesome unit in her.

IMG_0325.jpg

Your barking up the wrong tree looking at the Z1. With a car that nice, why are you focusing on an out dated four to five year old unit? If price is your concern, have a look at the F or X series of units. If you still want 7", focus on the Z110BT. It is more expensive then that five year old Z1 but it is a far better unit.

Your barking up the wrong tree looking at the Z1. With a car that nice, why are you focusing on an out dated four to five year old unit? If price is your concern, have a look at the F or X series of units. If you still want 7", focus on the Z110BT. It is more expensive then that five year old Z1 but it is a far better unit.

Thanks for the advice VBlue!

Well the dude has a pending sale so I'm not getting it after all.

I'll look at the F & X series along with the Z110BT and weigh my options.

Even with the age of the Z1/2/3 hardware, I would put it above any of the new systems in ease of use and quality. No crashing, navigation moves smoothly, the only down side is poor Ipod support and less than stellar bluetooth. But the main functionality that I'm concerned with works better than my far newer F90BT (which, after 3.0, is worse than ever). The Z series prior to the current one also had some neat functions such as the g-force and side acceleration display, etc.

Yeah the Z110bt models are nice. If I find one for the right price... I'll get it :)

I've looked at the f and x series which look awesome BTW but I don't like the volume knob by the face plate.

Like it flush like the Z1 and Z110bt.

Learning a lot through here. Trying to make my customize background pic for my unit : ) thanks to the awesome tutorial/write up.

I'll keep you guys/gals posted.