AVIC411.com

CD-IU230V Ipod cable, must use?

So I am getting a X910BT and want to run my iphone off it for music. But I see this CD-IU230V is about $50 retail. I see on ebay people selling what looks like china brand knock offs for $10 or so.

Question is will it work fully or video wont work?

Reason why I ask is that I have an 2007 Escalade ESV and I also bought one of these $10 knock off cables and hooked it upto my AV inputs thats the stock escalade provides behind the center console. Well audio works fine, but iphone refuses to play video because turns out you have to buy an apple cable. They have a chip in the cable and only those cables will output video.

Wondering if folks run across this on the genuine pioneer cable or even the knock off ones?

Im almost inclined to just try the $10 knockoff one (which looks identical to the CD-IU230V) on the X910BT when I get it.

Dixit

BTW the X910BT is not going in my Escalade, going in my Dodge Ram 2009, didnt want people jumping thinking the unit is not going to fit in an escalade.

If you already have experience with the knockoffs why would you want to try them again? The Pioneer cable does support the full capabilities of the iPhone but the quality of the cable is questionable as people have had problems with them. A sure fire solution is the Apple Composite AV cable. The knockoff may work but it is sure to not last very long. For me, it would not be worth the trouble to purchase the cable to have it either not work properly or to have it fail a short time later. I would rather spend another 40 bucks now and be done with it. Just my 02 cents.

Well the knockoffs work fine for me in my Escalade as long as I dont use my iPhone to playback video, as I mentioned earlier the iphone requires the "chipped" cables, which are the $50 cable from Apple. If you use an iPod (which I also got) it works just fine for both audio and video in my Escalade, clean sounding and works fine.

But thanks for the feedback, I will probably just buy the apple one since its the same price as the pioneer since I do want to use my iphone with this deck.

Dixit

• 2 weeks later...

I've had very poor results any cables of that type from ebay. Be it phone cables or ipod cables. Unless the seller has a good reputation and states that it is an official cable I tend to stay away from them. It's usually tossing money out the window. I bought a micro usb cable for my phone there once and the cable would get so hot you could barely touch it while it was charging the phone.