AVIC411.com

Not auto-dimming/brightening -- Not adjusting to light

So I've had my Z1 installed for about 3 weeks now and no issues other than the brightness not auto-adjusting. Navi works, bluetooth is great, reads DVDs/mp3s/cds, AM/FM is fine, all status things show good. Power runs fine as well.

Issue Description:

When I go in direct sunlight or in complete darkness, I have to manually adjust the brightness of the screen (i hit the "v" button and do the +/- to adjust).

I have the map settings adjust to autonight/day but again, no help with the issue.

Car: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Any suggestions? I'm debating hard resetting the unit however I'd rather not since I'd lose all my contacts I've transferred over.

The Z1 does not have a light sensor and will not adjust it's brightness based off the ambient light.

It should be connected to your car's ILL wire which will tell tell the z1 when your headlights are on and it will dim automatically when the headlights turn on. If that's not working check your install.