AVIC411.com

Pioneer Avic Z110BT Install: Questions

Hello gentlemen,

I recently had a good friend of mine who happens to be a car stereo installer put in an Avic z110bt in my 2001 Porsche Boxster S. For the most part, the install went off without a hitch. It looks quite professional (Using one of Trilleunaire's kits). Perhaps these questions are better suited for a Porsche forum, but I figure it might be a good idea to post here in Avic-411 just in case there are some Porsche nuts among you. I just have a few questions regarding some minor things that are a bit screwy after the install.

First, the unit doesn't recognize the difference between day and night. I assume this has to do with improper connection of the illumination wire (or lack thereof). Where should I wire the unit's illumination?

Second, the unit does not seem to remember EQ settings; from what I've read, this means there is a miswire somewhere and its not getting its constant voltage feed while the car is turned off. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Third, after careful consideration I decided the best place to mount the GPS and XM antenna would be on the plastic cowl in between the hood and the windshield, right above where the wipers rest. The sticky pads that came with these antennas lost their stick after just one rainy day. I have ordered some rare earth magnets to mount underneath the cowl directly below where I want the antennas to mount, in order to retain a stock look while holding the antenna in place.

Would these rather powerful magnets mess with my reception at all?

What would be the best way to get underneath the cowl to epoxy these magnets in place?

Fourth, when left for any period of time in the direct sun, my alarm is sounding. This is really annoying, especially at work where we have no covered parking. I'm guessing the thermal expansion due to direct sunlight is causing something to make contact, but I really don't know where to start.

Again any advice on this is appreciated.

Where should I wire the unit's illumination?

To the illumination wire on the Vehicle.

Second, the unit does not seem to remember EQ settings; from what I've read, this means there is a miswire somewhere and its not getting its constant voltage feed while the car is turned off. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Wire the red wire from the head unit to the red wire from the car's radio harness.

The antennas have to be fixed to a metal surface.