AVIC411.com

Blackberry Transferring Contacts Lastname Firstname...

Hopefully someone with more BB knowledge can help.

I have a BB Curve 8330. My original Blackberry Curve 8330 transferred contacts by Firstname Last name which is the way I want it. But my phone got chewed up by a dog so I had to get a new one. The new one (also a BB Curve 8330) now transfers the contacts by Lastname Firstname even though I have the phonebook setup as Firstname Lastname in the Blackberry. I tried reversing it and re-transfer the contacts but they still show up as Lastname Firstname.

Since nothing has changed with my navi I am assuming it is a setting somewhere in the blackberry or the blackberry exchange server. Any suggestions on how to make sure they transfer as Firstname Lastname?

So after experimenting for a while I was able to find a partial solution.

If i simply click on the Phonebook Transfer icon on the navi it will send the contacts Lastname Firstname even though my contacts are listed Firstname Lastname in my phone.

If I go into my phone's bluetooth settings and select Pioneer Navi from the device list and then choose "Transfer Phonebook" on my blackberry it will say "Transferring Phonebook" and then after a few seconds it will say "Successful" however nothing changes on the Navi....UNTIL....until i click on the Phonbook Transfer icon on my navi again. This time it will transfer each contact twice, once as Lastname Firstname and again as Firstname Lastname. I cannot seem to get it to just transfer it Firstname Lastname but for now this will work.

I played around with every setting, changing them 1 by 1 and re-transferring the phone book. I cleared memory in the navi's bluetooth setup, I deleted and repaired the phone, I reset the navi all while changing settings 1 at a time and could not find the magic combination.

The curious thing is that I have the exact same phone that i did before. the only thing that may be different is the OS on the blackberry since its a year newer than my pervious one.

I also chose to use a different theme for my new phone than i did with my old one. I will try switching that to see if it makes any difference.

Hopefully this will help others trying to figure this out.

You might want to try to export phonebook from outlook and import it back.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25308

I did it this way since my phone (Treo680) didn't transfer all the contacts to Pioneer. Only transfered some in phone plus contacts in SIM card.

It's little hassle but it gave me chance to re-organize and add only required contacts (not all) to Pioneer phonebook.

Make sure all the settings on your BB are first name first. If you let the AVIC automatically transfer the contacts it'll automatically transfer last name first because that's how the BB stores your contacts. Instead, delete all the contact ON the AVIC then in your bluetooth settings select transfer contacts via bluetooth. Upon transfer they should be exactly how they are shown in your contacts area in your BB.

K THNX BAI

I had the same problem happen to me with my blackberry bold. TTS also didnt work correctly. See fix below.

Get into testmode, navigate to your phone book and copy it back to your SD card. (there are plenty of posts with detailed instructions on how to do this). Then download SQL Lite (its free) and you can customize your contacts. Be sure to delete any special characters from the contact name or number. Then go back into testmode, navigate back to your phonebook directory and replace with updated version.

Then turn on VR catalog to scan your IPOD and phone book. Once scanned, turn back off. Your TTS for your phone contacts should work.

The contacts in my BB are First Last but that doesnt seem to make a difference for some reason. I have cleared contacts and tried 10 times. I have deleted and repaired the phone but for some reason its always transferring them as Last First unless I tell the BB to send address book. Then, it transfers everything twice. Once as Last First and then as First Last. I guess I am fine with it like this. My VR works and everything. I just have everyone in my contacts listed twice.