AVIC411.com

Need help on N2 install into accord...!Help!

I want to install this myself, and i need some good step by step instructions for this install...also how to bypass the dvd player as i would like this option...any help would be grately appreciated...Thanks, Clay
  • 2 weeks later...
Clay,
you're going to have to be a lot more specific with the details of your install to get the right info.

lets start with the year & model accord.
you'll need a wiring schematic of your particular model...an adaptor harness is probably available but with many of the new model accords that have integrated hvac/radio controls it gets really iffy w/ aftermarket HU install's. I have plenty of access to wiring diagrams if you need it - i am a parts guy at a Honda dealership.

every install is a little different, so there is no one "DIY" guide to follow. Chances are though that this has been done...there is probably some info regarding this setup on honda-tech.com or a another similar honda specific forum.. google is your friend!

as far as the n2 bypass goes, it's on here ...take a look in the the n1/n2/n3 hacks/mods forums. its there (with pictures too!).

good luck
its an 2000 coupe (maybe EX) not 100% sure...(as this is my bro's car im trying to help him install the N2)...i know it has the factory 6disc cd with leather sunroof V6 etc...ill be installing the Avic-Z1 in my truck, just not sure how similar the wiring will be...i have a pretty good idea how to run the Z1, w/pics and all, just not many posts on the n2 from what i can see....so any kinda wiring diagram on this unit or help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
its an 2000 coupe (maybe EX) not 100% sure...(as this is my bro's car im trying to help him install the N2)...i know it has the factory 6disc cd with leather sunroof V6 etc...ill be installing the Avic-Z1 in my truck, just not sure how similar the wiring will be...i have a pretty good idea how to run the Z1, w/pics and all, just not many posts on the n2 from what i can see....so any kinda wiring diagram on this unit or help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks
  • 6 months later...
just match the wiring harness colors together. make sure u connect the green wire thats sappose to go to the brake to the ground. try not to soder the 2 contacts under the sticker use the foil method or the circuit pen. soder it has a high risk of fucking something up. the contacts are tiny and the heat will either take off to much or put too much on it.