AVIC411.com

Questions: USA Avic X910BT to Europe

Hi all,

I am in The Netherlands, Europe.

I am considering buying a Pioneer Avic X910BT since I find it a lot cheaper than the F910BT.

To me they look the same, but now the question is: is it 100% possible to actually USE the X910BT here in The Netherlands?

What exactly is the difference between X and F, and also:

1. The X910BT is the USA model, will the FM radio functions work?

2. Is it possible to change the system language to Dutch or isn't it the X910BT that multilingual?

3. Is it possible to change the gps software system language and the tts/voice guidance language to Dutch?

4. Is it possible to use the voice control/activation in Dutch?

5. Is the voice command and voice dial for the Parrot Bluetooth carkit changeable to Dutch?

6. Can I download/buy and use a European map for the gps?

I'd be installing the unit in my Mazda 3 '05.

Another question: what is the screen resolution of the F910BT and X910BT?

Ok, as you can see, quite a lot of questions, and if most of them are answered with a no, I guess I'll be looking for the more expensive F-version...

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I am in The Netherlands, Europe.

I am considering buying a Pioneer Avic X910BT since I find it a lot cheaper than the F910BT.

To me they look the same, but now the question is: is it 100% possible to actually USE the X910BT here in The Netherlands?

What exactly is the difference between X and F, and also:

One of the main problems you will have with using any of the US avic units in Europe, is the FM tuner. The hardware is different between US and European units, so can not be modified.

The FM tuner in the US versions only steps in uneven frequencies, i.e. 90.1, 90.3, 90.5 etc., which means you will not be able to tune into a lot of European radiostations as these also use the even frequencies in between, i.e. 90.0, 90.2 etc.

Also the US versions do not have RDS, which also means you will have no traffic info (TMC)