AVIC411.com

F900 Speaker Static

yea dude, i feel you knocking :)

your right, i have seen quite a few times where some one has mis-diagnosed a problem or just started throwing parts at the situation only to find out that they where focused in the totally wrong direction.

i do wish there was some way (easy or difficult ) to remedy this problem, as it does bug me more and more every day, however in the summer i do seem to completely forget about it because i always have my windows down and the wind noise completely covers it.

Post count doesn't denote how long I've been here, only how many times I've posted.. :D

BTW i wasn't going off of how many post you had, but rather how long you have been a member(one week).lol

Beleive me.... I have definitely tried to trouble shoot the problem. I have run external power and ground cables primarily for the unit so its not a grounding issue... I've tried it without my amp plugged in and without and i still have the same problem. Its also being produced though the internal amp.

I find that when an audio source isn't connected there isnt any problem. For instance when all sources are turned off its fine. As soon as i click on ipod i get a constant hiss even when the song is paused. I find that as soon as i click on cd it does the same thing. Its really quite annoying. Im taking it to get bench tested before i replace it. In fact i might bench test it myself when i get home and save myself the 80 bucks seen as though the pioneer repairer wont do it for free.

Well Im taking the car to FHRX in Sydney and Marty is gonna have a look over it for me and tell me if its the norm.. If it isn't the next step is to get it properly bench tested by a pioneer service centre. Sucks that i bought it from the US, even worse that it was a refurb.. would have loved to have known what was wrong with it before i received it. It only had a 90 day warranty but i let the seller know i thought it had this problem before the 90 days was up... Hopefully the company issues the refund if its found to be defective. Wouldnt mind them to upgrade me to the F90BT as i did update this unit to 3.0 and i dont really want to do that again... Only more money. With all the awesome 3.0 mods out there I really hope i can rectify this problem because other than that the unit is pretty sweet. Yeah its a big laggy at times and the ipod interface is a piece of shit but i can deal with it.

Well After a trip to see Marty at FHRX in Sydney this morning he managed to fix the problem for me It was simply gain settings as people had stated i just hadn't realised it. Can't thank guy enough for the couple of hours he spent educating me on car audio and tuning my system. I've learnt more in those couple of hours than id learnt in the space of my entire life. The customer service is unparalleled to anywhere else I've ever been to... and he was kinda enough to take time out of his day to help a clueless idiot like me and recommend me the best way about making my system better.

I'm pretty sure I know where to go for car audio from now on