AVIC411.com

Windows CE

I have a X910, what version of CE is installed on it? If I find games/apps for this specific version will I be able to run them? If so anybody have any idea where to download them? I've tryed a few different games and programs but none worked but I don't know if they were for the proper version. I have searched through the forums for info on this but not been able to find anything helpful, so please no comments telling me to search the forums.

I'm not planning on playing games while driving just while sitting parked in my car waiting, basically the reason why I bought it, to watch movies while waiting. Just thought being able to play some solitaire or minesweeper and maybe having a notepad to take notes on would be cool

I have a X910, what version of CE is installed on it? If I find games/apps for this specific version will I be able to run them? If so anybody have any idea where to download them? I've tryed a few different games and programs but none worked but I don't know if they were for the proper version. I have searched through the forums for info on this but not been able to find anything helpful, so please no comments telling me to search the forums.

I'm not planning on playing games while driving just while sitting parked in my car waiting, basically the reason why I bought it, to watch movies while waiting. Just thought being able to play some solitaire or minesweeper and maybe having a notepad to take notes on would be cool

Well, since you searched I guess you didn't come across mio pocket in any of the searches, have you?

I have downloaded MioPocket 3.0 and it looks like a great program but I have no idea how to install it. All the posts seem to be for older versions of AVIC(2.X) and Mio (2.0). Is there a thread that describes how to install MioPocket 3.0 onto AVIC 3.X(X910bt)?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure this will work but I'm not going to test it out on my AVIC since MioPocket will alter the WinCE Registry slightly (lots of entries under HKLM\SOFTWARE\MioPocket and HKCR\MortScript), on my iPAQ I have to reset the registry via the uBoot engineering menu to completely remove MioPocket. No warranties implied or offered and if you brick, it's your problem. Be aware that your radio, phone, iPod and Navi apps may not work with this environment, but you can still try to launch them from Explorer.

Suggested process:

• [*:r66xkfxk]Obtain Testmode 2.3, there is a link to it under the Wiki's backup topic
    [*:r66xkfxk]Obtain MioPocket 3.0 (I'm using Release 57 as a reference)
    [*:r66xkfxk]Extract MioPocket to a temporary directory on your computer
    [*:r66xkfxk]If you don't want to alter the contents of the flash drive and just run MioPocket from the SD card, delete the SDFree folder from inside the extracted archive's "MioPocket 3.0 Release <#>" folder
    [*:r66xkfxk]Open MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini, change the value of OrigNavApp to "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\EZRIDER.EXE". Save.
    [*:r66xkfxk]Copy the contents of the "MioPocket 3.0 Release <#>" folder to the root of your SD card
    [*:r66xkfxk]Rename the file "MioAutoRun.exe" to "CopyTool.exe"
    [*:r66xkfxk]Rename the file "MioAutoRun.mscr" to "CopyTool.mscr"
    [*:r66xkfxk]Inside the Testmode 2.3 archive, there are several 0-length files whose names are a mix of letters and numbers. Copy any file matching this description over to the SD card's root. Example name: 164C549550B84211BA8C4B84AC5C0081
    [*:r66xkfxk]At this point, you should have an SD card that will boot into MioPocket. If at any time you get a GAPI configuration GUI asking you to select the type of PDA you have, select "HP iPAQ 310" (they use the same SiRF Titan processor).

There you go. Try not to brick yourself, eh?

Four G

I tryed something similar to this last night. But I did not "•Open MioAutoRun\MioPocket.ini, change the value of OrigNavApp to "\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\EZRIDER.EXE". Save."

It seemed to install but when it rebooted it said I had not copyed all the scripts and to reinstall. I will try your method tonight and see if it works any better

Thanks!

FourG

Thanks, that got it working. No sound yet though

In order to get sound, you have to play a media file from USB or SD card using avic's software, pause it then go back to miopocket.

Yep. Reason for this is the Navi board has to tell the AV board to switch the e-Volume source input from the AV1/AV2/Tuner/IP-Bus source you left it on to the one output by the Navi, the USB and SD sources are the only 2 that correspond to a Navi source. This is one more TODO item in a long list: to figure out all the DLLs in the APL folder and how to call the software that does this.

You should be able to launch "My Flash Disk\APL\AV.EXE" from inside MioPocket to try to switch sources. I'd make sure you've used the control panel to unhide the taskbar before you do so you can switch back to MioPocket after (though I think MioPocket puts that big red X in the upper corner to close the current app, might give that a try first).